Tarekith hints at new AR sequencer features

Well… any MONO track, at least. :wink:

You can already do this via the driver, but with the coming version you will be able to route audio into the Rytm / Four via the plugin as well.[/quote]
Also the Analog Four? I didn’t know there is a DA converter before each filter?

You can already do this via the driver, but with the coming version you will be able to route audio into the Rytm / Four via the plugin as well.[/quote]
Also the Analog Four? I didn’t know there is a DA converter before each filter?[/quote]
Yes! The noise is digital. :wink:

1 Like

Hmmmmm, so Rytm could also be an 8 (digital) input summing mixer with master compression?

Well, damn!

Also the Analog Four? I didn’t know there is a DA converter before each filter?[/quote]
Yes! The noise is digital. :wink: [/quote]
Wow! super awesome!!! :)))

And with reverb and filters as rudimentary eqs this could lead to some interesting parallel processing experiments

Could be, but I don’t think it’s the best summing engine and I probably wouldn’t use the COMP on the 2 buss, BUT it’s definitely possible :slight_smile:

Yes! The noise is digital. :wink: [/quote]
Wow! super awesome!!! :)))[/quote]
Ummmm…I’ll be over in the corner foaming at the mouth waiting on this update.
[url="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"]

Hey, what is the audio rate for digital audio to filter channel on the RYTM and AK/A4 via OB?

Could be, but I don’t think it’s the best summing engine and I probably wouldn’t use the COMP on the 2 buss, BUT it’s definitely possible :)[/quote]

I just imagine sending soft synths through it and gluing them together. The sound of Rytm’s sum is nice and open.

As for the comp, it’s actually one of my favorite compressors in hardware and I wish it were available as a standalone stereo line level i/o pedal with proper GR metering.
It takes a delicate touch and, and less is more, but it reminds me in some ways of Elysia’s offerings and for good old fashioned techno does the job.

I can’t agree with you about the RYTM sum, I compare it to summing in DAW it’s individual outs and it’s not bad at all (I usually print drums and textures straight from its main outs), but I wouldn’t send a whole dynamic mix to it to be processed myself.

BUT I’d use it as a buss sum and comp for digital synths, for sure!

The COMP is great but lacks the sophistication that I’d like for m buss compression, the side chain envelopes are good for intense compression but that’s about it AFAIAC. I see it more as a creative device as opposed to a genuine 2 buss compressor.

And in that regard I do use it quite a lot…

But, it’s subjective, and my ear isn’t the same as others.

48khz

1 Like

48 kHz into the filter unaffected? That’ll be brilliant.

When does the digital OSCs OS get released for the A4? :wink:

Yeah. Just like how the driver (sound card func) works. :joy:
Digital Oscs… I wish!

I wish too… would change everything.

I can’t see it being difficult to implement at all! By not being difficult I mean it’s probably difficult but the architecture, DA, and signal path is already set up for it…

Don’t act surprised Simon! Surely this has been talked about before in HQ, yes?

:wink:

Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb question but what do you mean by the driver?

Whoa…

I know I’ve been shot down around here before for asking about the possibility of digital OSCs. Of course, I had no clue about the architecture or technical capabilities of the A4 to do it. Just daydreaming.

But Kotare, who knows more about synths than me, says it’s possible. Would be interesting to hear from somebody at HQ.

Simon, would you like to chime in? Do you know if it would be at least technically possible to implement a few extra digital OSCs on the A4/AK?

I understand the Elektron team might not want this, might not have time for it, etc. Just wondering if it is at least technically possible.

[/quote]
Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb question but what do you mean by the driver? [/quote]
I ve been wondering the same thing for like 2 days now…glad somebody else asks this question… I assume they mean the Overbridge interfacy thing, with the bars where u see the audio levelll… just a guess tho

Not a dumb question at all!

By “the driver” I am referring to the sound card functionality of our Overbridge devices. However, it’s vague of me to use it like that since the driver handles the incoming audio to the plugin as well. It’s just how we’ve started to refer to it in the office.

Anyway, if you set up the Rytm or Four as your soundcard with any present version of Overbridge you can send audio to any of the Tracks.

Threading on thin ice here! You guys are making me sweat. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes! It’s technically possible. But quality-wise?
Hmm… There is no hefty DSP running, you need to take that into account.

(And yes, I know you can make really nice lofi synths out of almost anything, but then you won’t be doing much else with the processor, and we are doing a lot already)

1 Like

i knew that!.. i swear!.. A4 as Sound Card