Talk me into keeping my Syntakt

I’ve listened! If Elektron, I’d say Analog RYTM (because you can get the 909 samples in there) - or straight up a sampler.

(… btw. I agree the hihats of the Syntakt are the weakest point …)

3 Likes

Holy moly, had no idea you are Zombie Disco Squad…tracks of yours have been in my library for years. Respect!

13 Likes

Sell it and buy an electric guitar.

3 Likes

I feel this is one of its strengths, but I like small set-ups and leaving the computer off.

Sounds like it’s neither a tool you need nor an instrument you’re gelling with.

The tracks on your SC are wicked.

1 Like

Sell it and don’t look back. Workflow and UI won’t change and no additional sound packs, new machines or Modifier and FX Block expansions will make it better. Sample your favorite sounds and move on.

1 Like

Check out the tips and tricks thread! Sometimes all it takes is one thing to ignite the spark; I learned about holding a menu and pressing yes for randomizing and it helped me repeatedly through Jamuary tbh

2 Likes

You’re saying it all right there. There is more than enough gear out there that makes the bleep bloops without annoying you.

4 Likes

… or a Roland TR-8S or MC-707 …

I’m not really looking for an alternative I have Digitakt, Octa and a Tr8-S. I really was just hoping for some inspiration I guess. Thank you though.

1 Like

Ah thank you!

I was in the same boat and I spent about 4 months digging this unit.It’s interesting device ,has lots of possibilities but I found myself stomping on the spot .

All I did sounded almost the same and it takes a lot of time to get where I want to be ,while on the same digitakt or just directly in ableton it could be done for a second .

Hihats,chords are the weakest thing ,so after that time I’ve sold it ,bought octatrack and didn’t look back .

2 Likes

after i sold syntakt, i realized that the rytm as a drum machine, especially from elektron, is the very best. it was one of the first elektron devices to be found in many well-known studios with official sound options. syntakt seemed to me like a toy here, which sounds too much like syntakt. it’s different with rytm, because it can sound so diverse and it’s a real analogue machine, which can also layer samples and much more. if elektron releases one last update to go into the sound even more, then this machine will be the ultimate. But that’s my opinion. I’m also a very analogue fan. that’s why rytm and a4 are the best for me from elektron.

but one must not forget that rytm and a4 are very expensive devices. so it wasn’t easy for me to get there.

5 Likes

In other words, you don’t need a Syntakt for your music :wink: Still, I could imagine you like the RYTM (which I wouldn’t consider for my music - my equivalent is the Analog Four).

I love my Syntakt, I find new cool sounds all the time. But my style is indeed Industrial and Power Noise, and if I don’t do that, I do Techno of the harder varieties (Hard Techno, Gabber).

3 Likes

Do you have used the analog voice with sound lock ?
Just for this, this ST is quite interesting.
On my side I’m more on those voice than the digital one.
But few Digital one are really interesting on the synth side.
I admit right now I use more the preset than doing all the sound by myself.
12 voice is a lot for making it’s own sound.

2 Likes

Since you mentioned percussive sounds in your original post (hats, clap, etc.), I right away wondered whether a Digitone would give you more inspiration. I don’t have a Syntakt, but I love my Digitone, especially for percussive sounds. I haven’t found that the sound engine or interface pushes me in any particular direction, although it does take some time and work to figure out how to best use the algorithms for different types of percussive sounds.

I know you mentioned not looking for an alternative, but in case you find yourself coming back to wanting to introduce something new to your rig for percussion (and, of course, other great stuff), Digitone is worth a look/listen.

Really enjoying your SoundCloud, by the way!

1 Like

sounds like a sell, plus there are plenty of people looking for a used syntakt out there.

2 Likes

Had a listen, bit harder than what I’d normally go for but enjoyable. Dj Rush is as close as I get to hard techno. I enjoy Kink when he does techno as well- his Hate podcast was great.

I have wanted a Rytm for a bit, but can’t really justify it atm. I have a rule, I don’t buy any new gear until I finish some music and since I have two babies that’s a bit tricky atm (they do quite often sound like gabba though haha).

5 Likes

Thanks!

I had a digitone for a while. I enjoyed it but was reaching for FM vsts over it so we parted ways. I use a vst emulation of the portasound keyboards loads.
It’s the downside to a hybrid setup, there are endless possibilities.

I’ll try it this week. I’m going to have one more session with it before I put it up for sale :slight_smile:

1 Like