T2 is bad news : is this messing with Overbridge too?

Just wanted to add that I haven’t had any issues with my 2018 MBP so far. Not saying that this isn’t a serious concern or that Apple shouldn’t fix it, but it seems to depend on what interface you’re using.

Yeah, it does seem like people’s mileages vary, but the reddit thread linked in the article has a lot of discussion re: which interfaces are affected and how. Seems to be common enough to be cause for concern.

My 2018 MBP fine as well

You guys that aren’t having any trouble, are you using a thunderbolt 3 hub or just going straight in via USB?

I’m considering buying a new MBP but this T2 issue is making me nervous.

I have a thunderbolt 3 hub (a Caldigit Ts3 plus) that I bought when I got my new MBP as I was worried about the audio issues and so haven’t experienced any problems at all. However, I think that an update that came out earlier this year is supposed to have fixed it? That said I would still recommend a good thunderbolt dock if you are getting one, you’d need to get an adaptor anyway as there are no USB ports and a dock makes things really neat, as you can charge the Mac and have all of your connectivity through one cable.

Thanks for replying.
According to CDM the issue remains but as my current laptop is getting pretty long in the tooth I’ll take your advice and start researching hubs.
Cheers.

Fwiw, the Caldigit is a bit pricy but gets great reviews. I’m very happy with mine.

There must have been another thread about this somewhere because I remember replying a while back too when this was first mentioned - I’m not having any issues with my late 2018 MBP (bought in January) and Overbridge. Your mileage may vary.

No issues here 2018 MBP

I have this kind of issues with my mac mini 2018… very very annoying

Hmmm…I’m still not keen to drop a load of cash for the privilege of having a touchbar that I’ll never use.

Anyone had success with a Hackintosh?

Ha, I hear you on that! The touchbar is actually quite useful, but I only ever use it on the rare occasions I’m working away from my office (doing “real work”, not music). I’ve never used it with Logic :frowning: I do like my new MBP though. I bought a refurb from Apple which saved a bit, and I figure I’ll probably get 5 years out of this one like I did my last.

I got my mbp2018 in December last year and I had these issues and drop outs. But they are gone since several updates. Everything runs smooth now.

Same for me … until it eventually broke again last month…
I had an update yesterday we’ll see…:sweat:

Built a hackintosh this year, no problems, as T2 chips are only available to Apple.

I think the biggest danger for mine is my 4 year old haha :wink:

1 Like