Sysex receive is full of errors

so i uploaded my Monomachine sysex from the mono to my PC with that C6 program.
made a few more fun patterns on the mono, saved THAT to my PC under a new name (just to make sure i know they’re different when i load them into the mono)

when i enter SYSEX RECEIVE mode on the mono, and try to load any of the previous sysex onto them from my PC, its full of 40+ errors (pic to show this)

am i right in thinking if theres only ONE error, the whole thing doesnt transfer? i loaded up the sysex and nothing changed, at all. its not as if you can partially load some kits/patterns etc and not others, right?

how can i troubleshoot these errors? is my monomachine fucked? c6 program old?? i downloaded it in 2021 (cant remember where)

some USB to MIDI adapters are not very good. Try adding a delay between packets being sent.

1 Like

hmm i was using 200ms delay in the post, upped it to 500ms - still the same errors. never thought about my midi interface being crap…hmm

i feel like 500 is plenty, no?

post a pic or make/model of your midi interface

It’s not so much your midi interface being crap, but your midi interface being crap at sending sysex. Lots of them are. First thing I do if I’m having sysex problems is try a different interface. I keep one around just because I know it’s good for sysex.

Would you mind showing your C6 config as well?
Haven’t used it in a while, but I believe I had everything checked there.

These days I use Sysex Librarian on MacOS. But I prefer the good old C6.

Can’t Transfer be used for Sysex communication? Haven’t checked but I think it does.

its this one…lol. the cheapest one on the earth to buy

but tbh, soup kinda fleshed it out a bit more, because i’ve honestly never had any issues with midi over this interface, so i just assumed it would be the same for sysex

c6ConfigNauts

this is config. tbh - got basically zero idea of what 99% of those buttons do. i only use delay

Here is a link towards the manual (+ install)
https://cdn.www.elektron.se/media/downloads/analog-drive/Elektron_C6_MAC_AND_WIN_1.51.zip

Here is the manual direct access
Elektron_C6_Users_Manual_0.pdf (165.6 KB)

Use Extended SDS. Uses extended SDS messages allowing larger files and sample names. This is supported by the Analog Rytm.

I don’t remind using the delay function.
I use the TM-1 to speed up the transfers, make them 10x faster.

legend thank u