Synthstrom Audible Deluge [inc. Open Source development]

Aw, man. That’s so good of you to say. Thank you so much.

And now you’re making me blush. You’re too kind. Each gear has its own match, I’m sure yours is just elsewhere. I can totally see why the Refaces aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.

I would use the CP as a sound module, which is the way I use my computer anymore. Anything less than full-size keys feels like a data entry device to me, like my Keystep. As I’ve mentioned, that’s one of the benefits of the Deluge that makes it such a good all-round package for me: its playability because the “upside down” layout in 4ths is just like tap instruments I used to play, making those buttons more than just data entry. Too bad there’s no chance the Deluge will ever be made with touch- and velocity-sensitive buttons, which would add too much to the cost for a unit with such a small market.

My current keyboard is an SL-MkIII. With the the built-in sequencer, a CP might be an economical way to detach the computer. I just want to be able to reach out to something knobby to make adjustments while playing, but Arturia V is just too nice, with a B3 and synths in there. So I’d also need to get a reface YC, and now adding these extra units becomes a space issue. But the other issue with the computer is that it can be unstable due to other things it’s doing. Maybe I should get a small but powerful laptop, velcro it to the keyboard, and dedicate it to only being an Arturia V device.

1 Like

I think you’ll find the Refaces overkill for the purpose. With the Novation board properly mapped to any software, I’d imagine you get both hands-on and power.

To remove the computer, an iPad with Korg’s keyboard module comes to mind. Hook that up to the SL board, and you got knobs and versatility with no computer.

Thanks @Michael_R_Grant The first I already knew, I read the manual.

Just wanted to know if it is possible to pass-through the external sound.

my friend making awesome music and amazing sound
deluge as a braaaaaaain :smiley:
1 Like

Could you help me a bit pls? What am I doing wrong around time stretching/pitch shifting? I set picth/speed to INDEpendent but playing notes different from base pitch (or playing the original note with different speed) I get the very same “artifacted” sound by both interpolation type of LINEar and SINC. However the latter should provide better result according to the manual and official statements.

Hello, I do not know, but why don’t you ask on Synthstrom’s official support forum?

I wanted to do this, I registered there today, but can’t create post but reply to existing threads and I couldn’t find appropriate discussion to add my questions (I have some more) to. Sry if my above question is not appropriate here.

Post your questions on the official Synthstrom forum under’ Deluge Questions, Feedback & Updates’

Here is the link : http://forums.synthstrom.com/categories/deluge-questions-feedback

Normally there is a clearly audible difference between the both interpolation methods. At least in my own experience. Probably there is another reason for your artifacts.

The default levels in the Deluge are very high. Maybe internal clipping is the cause. I remember very well that I had this problem at the beginning.

1 Like

Yes, I wanted to do this but I either see no option to create post or I see it on mobile but I get error message that I have no permission to do this though my email has been confirmed :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I got the same artifacts even when using a factory sample from the SD card.

It’s not a question of the sample, it’s a question of the (default) patch. Lower the OSC LEVEL and the MASTER LEVEL to 20, then try again. Just to make sure it’s not internal clipping.

Ok, will give it a try. Thanks!

One of the features that doesn’t get mentioned enough is the superb customer care.
Look at me: after one year and a half of usage, beta testing v3 showed a previously unnoticed hardware problem. I had the unit sent at the other side of the globe and back and the motherboard replaced in less than 10 days and without shelling a penny. Now back to beta testing that gorgeous looper…

3 Likes

Yeah Synthstrom’s support is exceptional (sad to say this though).
@Polden What was the hardware issue you revealed with 3.0 beta?

(I wanted to praise Synthstrom’s excellent policy, and now I start to worry if I would have better avoided it…)
It was an intermittent ram issue, totally not related to the beta (!!). I guess a quite rare one too.

@Polden I neither thought the issue would have been related to beta :wink: I was just interested in the story. Thanks for replying.
I agree with you, Synthstrom’s support is worth praising. Let’s emphasize this.

Echoing what others have said re Synthstrom customer service, exceptional. I just wish they didn’t use Faceberg but I’ve flogged that horse enough already :wink: