Synthstrom Audible Deluge [inc. Open Source development]

i need to see some sample slicing and editing

btw does the retrofit come with a case at that price?

O, wow :smiley:

Likely the fastest I’ve ever bought anything music related. I love grid sequencing. In the big studio my Oxi sequences my MPC this way, but for jamming in bed the deluge is the most fun I ever had. Unfortunately I couldn’t live without having a screen, and grew too frustrated and sold it.

1 Like

Retrofit path is so appreciated. What a cool company.

5 Likes

……

So is this really released as 2.0 as claimed in the other thread, or just (hah, just!) a replacement screen and nothing else ?

Now with an oled screen

3 Likes

Well sh*t … this could be a game changer… wondering if I should sell mine and upgrade

1 Like

So is it exactly the same as the old one, but with a screen that’s now usable?

Edit - I should say, I loved the deluge, apart from the screen. I fucking hated that screen.

5 Likes

For me (and alot of people) biggest gripe was the screen. Whether working with sample or synths, it can be a hassle. It has alot complex features and I think the screen is a big improvement

at $1,249 are the number of available samples/tracks deep enough to be a real MPC Live II alternative?

Ahem, this news about screen is in the Deluge thread.

Might want to merge this into Deluge thread @moderators ?

3 Likes

Ah great the OLED retrofit is already out of stock. :fury:

EDIT: Oh my bad, deposits open up tomorrow.

Gotta love E-commerce software…

OMG…I’ve had this thing 3 times…do I want a 4th one…AUGH.

3 Likes

Ordered.

Selling my OT now.

3 Likes

Just checked the Manual…is it true there isn’t the possibility to modulate Sample start/end or Sample Slot via lfo?

I’m definitely getting the retrofit. Brilliant stuff.

1 Like

I imagine sample editing works the same as it does now with the pads as the display.

You can have unlimited tracks essentially, until the cpu can’t handle it but I never really hit that wall and at that point it’ll just start voice stealing.

It streams audio from the SD card so you don’t have to worry about RAM like on the MPC. It also handles multi-sample instruments and includes 4 synth engines (subtractive, FM, Ring mod, and wavetable).

It’s definitely a competitor but it does have limits. I don’t think the sound engine is super incredible. You can’t change the path of the effects. There’s no really any easy way to export tracks except to resample. Slicing still needs work as you basically set how many slices you want and then you have to manually edit afterwards, there’s no lazy chopping or anything like that.

That said this thing is actually portable thanks to its size, compared to the MPC Live and Live 2 which might have a battery but are way too big to take on something like a plane or even in a car ride, in my opinion.

I would say it’s a lot more fun than an MPC but I also dislike the MPC lineup quite a bit. But I sold my second Deluge as well and a screen isn’t enough to get me to buy a third one.

1 Like

Such a shame the USD to GBP exchange rate is pretty much at an all time low right now. This thing has gotten very pricey if ordering from the UK!

Screen looks great though and big thumbs up for the retrofit option