Synthstrom Audible Deluge [inc. Open Source development]

Good point. I think Novation Circuit is a good case here. Lots of stuff it can’t do, but the sum makes for a great little instrument, where you can go very deep creatively. They just made the right choices that combined together creates synergies that allow you to write great music.

1 Like

With the editor, the NI Circuit gives you access to a lot of parameters, and its sound engine is very good.

Yeah I’m not suggesting any company should put EVERY feature in one box :wink: Just seems like creative functions are expanding super fast in software/ios etc via creative blending of functions/features. Whereas in hardware most companies refuse to dive in and give those kind of options, for the most part anyway…

If the Deluge is as interesting as it seems to be then it’s another step in the right direction as far as the kind of depth/versatility that should be standard on more hardware.

There really isn’t very much out there currently that isn’t ‘specifically a sampler’ or ‘specifically a synth’ or ‘specifically a drum machine’. With sequencing/groovebox features.

op-1 and octatrack are capable of being all those things and that leads to really fast/creative/random ideas. And not always needing to lug tons of gear around etc. I can’t really think of anything else currently available that does this? That gotharman deformer looks interesting but I don’t know much about it. Electribe sampler I guess but the specs on that are pretty embarrassing… Deluge is potentially a very welcome addition to that area alongside Op1 and OT in versatility.

Yeah circuit looks amazing for the money/footprint. if novation bring out a mkii or ‘pro’ version with onboard sampling and a few other additions I’d be all over it. Same with analog rytm if had onboard sampling.

The Deluge is the kind of Circuit you are looking for :wink:
plus one of the best hardware sequencers i’ve seen

you will be amazed…

4 Likes

Hopefully so! I’m definitely interested, if it doesn’t cost 1500€ or something.

1 Like

i heard it will be very reasonable priced.
quote: “between Circuit and Octatrack”

Yeah I read that! It’s quite a gap though. If it’s 400-600€ then great, if it’s closer to 1000€, you’d start to expect things like individual outputs and stuff.

1 Like

Seems fair. Somewhere around op-1 price i’d guess.

This sounds almost too good to be true. Very much looking forward to getting my hands on one. Shame their “European tour” isn’t including UK.

1 Like

No one in their right mind ‘chooses’ to come to England :wink:

5 Likes

I did, Im from Dublin originally :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha I stand corrected :wink:

It seems a really really nice box! Im just really afraid by the lack of knobs (I hope that sounds are not supposed to be edited via a computer or something awkward like that).
It could be a nice replacement for my octatrack which is often frustrating me. Let’s see how it sounds and what it can exactly do …

Estimated release date?

So we’ll finally find out if the ultimate all tools in one box was what we really needed, or just a comfortable projection for our own procrastination.

Because, if this box is a good as it says it is, the blockers are gone. And with them, the excuses.

Perish the thought.

4 Likes

contact Ian, maybe he will come to UK

Haha, it doesn’t do evvvvvvvverything and I’m sure the UI/sound engine will get some flack from some people :wink:

I’m OK with digital if it offers all these features :slight_smile:

1 Like

We will find something. We always do.