Synthi/Digitana - Halia (FSOL Collaboration)

http://www.synthi.co.uk/halia/

3 Likes

The far out /wacky machine I always hoped elektron would develop, I’m down for this probally with a pre order to support a new Indy company.

1 Like

Digitana have been around for a while, supporting Synthi users. There’s also the SX-1 Standalone expander:
http://www.synthi.co.uk
http://www.synthi.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/sx-1.png

1 Like

HALia looks great, love the 2001 Reference. This could be really good, definitely keep an eye out for this.
Love the paired back aesthetics also.
Damn, gonna have part with some stuff as 2017 looks frenetic gear wise.

Always a bit wary of matrix style programming. Some pull it off. Some mess it up in epic proportions …trying not to get overly giddy based purely on the FSOL involvement, but that makes it a bit hard not to get excited : )

looks like a weird little box… but what’s it doing exactly? Info on the website is rather sketchy…

Digitana Electronics slated to be at Superbooth, hopefully someone gets a video of this HALia in action.

https://www.superbooth.com/en/digitana-electronics.html

Intersting that it has 2 ARM processors. Could be pretty good this HALia.
And Eurorack compatible, everyone will be hype on that point.

Amazing demo, I asked the company awhile ago about preordering to support the company but there hasn’t been much action/info on this.

Does anyone have any information on the release date?

So, uh…

nothing?

It was there but inside a perspex box. :thdw:

I see. So it’s probably not ready.

Bump!

Any news ?

Anyone aboard this?

Product Description

PAYMENT IS A £150 DEPOSIT TOWARDS THE FINAL PRICE OF £3500 ex VAT (£4200 inc VAT)

The SX-1 is the result of ongoing collaborations between Digitana Electronics and the legendary UK band The Future Sound of London. Several years in development we are now happy to announce it is ready for release.

All units are hand built and fully tested before leaving Digitana labs
All units come packed in a padded shoulder bag for added protection
All units come with a 1 year warranty plus email support

We are now taking deposits on the next run of 25 units – £150.00 – Please note that build on this run is currently unlikely to commence before late 2020
You will be assigned a serial number and contacted regarding colour of knobs (all black or colour coordinated) and the progress and dispatching of your machine.

Final price includes free UK delivery by courier. Overseas postage cost will be confirmed with final payments.

SX-1 FEATURES

DUAL ANALOGUE VCO
Each VCO features sine/triangle and square waves and ‘wave-folding’ (voltage controlled) that adds higher harmonics/distortion to each waveform for amazingly rich and varied timbres, even unfiltered! Each VCO is frequency
controllable via CV1 or CV2 which can either be external or MIDI generated from the built in MIDI-CV converter or ‘free running’. The frequency range of the VCOs is very wide, from LFO to high frequency audio. Two modulating waveforms are available (speed controlled by the Sample & Hold clock or LFO) via toggle switches to modulate the wave-folding of VCO1 and VCO2. These same waveforms are also available to modulate CV1 and CV2. All VCO1 and VCO2 waveforms are individually available either ‘pre’ or ‘post’ the filter/envelope/delay/distortion sections via 3.5 mm jacks.

SLEW LIMITER
A Slew Limiter (SL) which acts on CV1 and CV2, with separate control over the amount of slewing applied to a rising or falling input voltage (‘attack’/’decay’) by front panel pots. The slew rate is switchable between linear/logarithmic response. The latter allows for long slew times. Obvious applications of the SL is adding portamento (glide) to a pitch CV. The SL also has an invert toggle switch that inverts as well as slews the input. With attack and decay levels set at zero the SL can also thus act as a standard voltage inverter.

OCTAVE SHIFT
Octave Shift is controlled by two front panel rotary switches, giving octave shifts of plus or minus three octaves, independently on CV1 and CV2.

LFO
Choice of triangle or square wave forms with variable shape. Hi/lo frequency ranges.

SAMPLE & HOLD (S&H)
LF398 based S&H with variable clock (panel LED shows rate). Input source is either from the LFO or the output of the slope generator.

DUAL ENVELOPES, ATTACK AND DECAY TYPE
Triggering via gate signals g1 and g2 (which can either be external gates or MIDI generated) or by the output of the slope generator. Bypass options are on each.

DUAL FILTERS, 24 DB/OCTAVE TYPE
Voltage controlled frequency with S&H or slope generator CV sources. Bypass options on each.

ANALOGUE (BBD) DELAY
Analogue (BBD) delay section with a choice of audio inputs and voltage control of feedback via LFO or slope generator outputs.

SLOPE GENERATOR
Voltage controlled rise/fall envelope source with triggering via gates g1 or g3 (which can either be external gates or MIDI generated). Pot control of rise and fall times and levels. A toggle switch allows the generator to be in either one shot or auto re-cycle mode.

DISTORTION
This section can overdrive the audio output of the delay section with added LFO modulation.

NOTE:
The delay section is a hybrid analogue delay built around the PT2399 chip e specially sweetened for the sx synth

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve ordered 2, one for the studio and one to noodle about on with headphones on, paid £8400 up front …wakes up from dream :grinning:

Being serious I wish I had the cash, looked at them a few years back when they announced them , then saw the price !!!

1 Like

Still no news on the Halia though ?

On a slight tangent, this has been a long time coming.

1 Like

Didn’t they make a first run of these or have none been produced yet ?

2 Likes

Yes I think you’re right.

2 Likes