Synthfest UK 2023

Where they playing? This part of Sensoria? Fancy going too.

yes indeed, discounted tickets if you’re off to Synthfest as well The Black Dog - Sensoria

1 Like

Nice one thanks, will get on it

1 Like

2 Likes

IK Multimedia

MODO Piano ???

ADDED :

It’s called Pianoverse and it looks deluxe. They have released sevaral videos about it.

Korg will very very likely be showing their new Keystage keyboard controller with a Medeli Polytouch polyphonic-aftertouch keybed, and MIDI 2.0 and MPE support. It will come in both a 49 and a 61 key version.

1 Like

Sensoria Film and Music Festival

As noted above Synthfest UK is just a part of a bigger thing : Sensoria.

Sensoria Events Page

1 Like

this thing is ridiculous guess its for the guy with everything.
Guess the market is going for the luxury or the cheap

AS300 main unit £22500

AS400 optional keyboard £1900

excluding crate, shipping and tax (all if applicable)

2 Likes

Weather station

2 Likes

Beat Friend

4 Likes

This is neat -

I’m usually a bit iffy about generative stuff that takes way the need for compositional skill, but this thing seems quite endearing and if you think about it as a little robot drummer that you can use as a ‘band member’ I could see it being a nice addition to a set or studio.

6 Likes

+1 for sliders for complexity, nice choice. -1 for “deliberately unlabelled”, that pushes my buttons…

lol, just watched the same video about 20 min. ago.

I like the combo of CR-78 inspired analog drums and generative beats in one standalone unit

1 Like

Artcore was at the show, though they were not listed as an exhibitor. Artcore is described in the following article as an innovative self-releasing music marketplace that could be an alternative to Bandcamp. This article also has a link to a video interview of Tom Burnell from Artcore done by Gaz Williams. Perhaps special arrangements were made for this interview at the show.

Also from the article :
Notably, Artcore provides more DJ-oriented features, such as prominently displaying metadata like BPM and key, making it a valuable resource for DJs seeking new tracks.

Thread on Elektronauts about Artcore

2 Likes

I had a play with this. The design is gorgeous and it’s really fun little unit. It’s all analog and the sound is good. It’s preprogrammed patterns and feels a bit like using Mutable Grids. It wasn’t quite clear to me the range of patterns or whether you could add your own.

3 Likes

Hi Jukka, Thanks for referencing the interview. Yes I was there checking out the gear and spreading the word about Artcore. I met Gaz and he kindly offered to do a piece. Lovely bloke. Great show too - some amazing gear.

I lusted over the Motas synth and Playfader but this magnet on vinyl controller was crazy fun

Will also be at BPM DJ show next weekend so hit me up if you’re there.

1 Like

A nine minute walk through by Divkid, with his interesting live commentary.

Done at the end of the show so some are packing up and closing down.

3 Likes

This is an enormous project for this small of a maker. That is a commercially available product is amazing to me. Obviously very much a boutique product, but there you go.

1 Like

I actually really love this, should have gone to Synthfest! Such a cute drum machine.

jesus wept, there was an entire lower floor and i missed it!!

on the plus side the Black Dog show was great and the next day i went to the My Brutal Life exhibition which was amazing and i got chatting to none other than Ken Downie so overall a fantastic weekend. i really want to move to Sheffield!

1 Like