Synthesisers v Holiday

I don’t do holidays, but I much rather go on holidays than to hoard another synth.

1 Like

Mine’s 1/4 Welsh.

She’s also 1/4 French Algerian. Funnily enough she’s not suggested a holiday to Algeria any time in the last 20 years.

4 Likes

My wife wonders why I’m always so quite during vacations. I tell her it’s because I’m taking it in, but really what I’m doing is analyzing all the different combinations of gear I could have bought.

20 Likes

vacation aka the time of the year when i learn to use my laptop to make better music than i do on hardware, and then proceed to come home and continue using the hardware anyway

3 Likes

Square the circle by purchasing your synths with a credit card that gives you hotel or air travel points. This may only work in the US.

2 Likes

Synths are things. I dont have a lot of attachment to things but I look forward to my holiday every year.

It does play on my mind what I could have bought but real life experiences top objects every time

6 Likes

I just go Volca far and never regret

1 Like

“I don’t do holidays”

What is wrong with all of you people

Though admittedly my travels until the onset of COVID were often so intense that I needed a holiday after my holiday.

8 Likes

daddy or chips?

chiiiiiips

2 Likes

I’m combining my love of music and holidays by going to play two gigs in Ibiza next week.

That probably sounds like a wanky look at me post :frowning:

11 Likes

hopefully you won’t speak in your dreams :sunglasses:

Maybe the gear vs vacation is not a fair thought, I mean, it’s quality time with your family. However, not buying an app because it has the cost of a coffee or three lunches is worth a thought.

Synthesisers vs Holidays? I guess the answer for me is which brings you the most joy.

yea, why not synths AND holidays?

Usually it’s neither.

If you have the cashflow, ok. The question implies a forced choice.

1 Like

The idea is to take your synth with you, not to buy both :cool:

the aul 2-in-1 :wink:

1 Like

I am on holiday now, and bought a Syntakt from a fellow ‘naut a couple days in here. We’d had it arranged for a few weeks beforehand. It’s been a good holiday.

1 Like

syntakt rules :heart:

1 Like

Experience over possessions everyday of the week…

4 Likes