Synth stand for desktop sized units?

Hi!

Just realized that putting my gears on a work desk is not a good idea. It forces me to sit instead of standing, which induces the wrong mindset in me, if you see what I mean.
Can you advise some kind of stands?

• Preferably something I can order from thomann.

• Portable so that I can carry for live performance

• Stand on floor, not on the table (see previous bullet point)

• Adjustable height, I don’t have a clue what will work out, maybe 110-120 cm or something, I will have to experiment.

• I have several devices (OT, A4, Mother32, Ableton Push, a pair of monitor speakers, and expanding, possibly Toraiz is next), so either I need something with a large area, or (a possibly better solution?) I will have to buy several of these.

• Not too expensive

• …but it should be stable enough, these precious machines should not fall on the floor on something…

Any ideas are welcome. Thank You!

What about quiklok DJ233???

1 Like

Lol, I thought I was the only one thinking/feeling that… I am in same situation, looking for a higher stand, 2 tiers I prefer standing or leaning/sitting on a bar chair or something.

I plan to put a piece of plywood on the platforms with a “lip” so it doesn’t slide off and keep it that way. (My home studio setup.)
There are other brands and styles of these supports, I am going to get the DAP stand.

2 Likes

i recommend a high quality pair of hybrid hiking/walking shoes, the Salomon 4D is a fine example.

standing for hours is cool but yes quality shoes essential.

currently my standing studio is arranged on or around a steel ironing board… Hoping to upgrade soon by putting a dual tier Wavewood elektron stand on the ironing board.

1 Like
2 Likes

Hey, thanks @Octahedron, that’s great, thanks for the link, now I think you changed my mind

1 Like

You can find (or build) cheap bar tables that would be imo the right choice to put plenty of gear at the right height :slight_smile:

1 Like

Octahedron that seems amazing, although the specs for height is a bit ambiguous. Do you have this? Is the 100cm for the main part? (it says it’s adjustable, but in what range?) What is the height of the laptop stand part? Thanks :slight_smile:

Not a clue, it’s just something i searched on thomann. Maybe you could ask directly to thomann…

1 Like

Cool, thanks!

i dig this one, the width of the shelf is adjustable

1 Like