Syntakt vs LXR-02

i reviewed the LXR 02 for eurorack, might help some decide :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Apart from distorted sounds (which are cool) can it do other cool drum sounds?
I didn t here any demos on the second.

Does this help?

Or this? In this one all of the sounds are from the LXR-02, including the synth sounds (but some external reverb added).

9 Likes

Syntakt seems weak compared to Lxr02…

nope

… old … Syntakt internal analog drive crushes - YouTube

… old … "shards" - elektron syntakt industrial - YouTube

just one track sy raw machine:

Similar one, completed:

two recent sketches:

Completed:

16 Likes

Yeah, pissweak.

16 Likes

Mine comes this week! Favorite drum synth I’ve played next to the Machinedrum.

God damn. Those last two are some serious early AFX vibes. I’d love to hear this stuff on a venue soundsystem.

3 Likes

Still rocking my lxr-01. It was a build kit back then and im emotionally attached to it. I use the digitakts midi channels to control it. Best of both worlds.

I dont have a syntakt (yet?) but from what i’ve i seen it takes a lot more work to get a syntakt to sound like it’s breaking. I feel like with the lxr you just hit that morph kit knob and you’re off into some wild/dangerous/sketchy territory, if that makes sense.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot!
To me it seems more distorted than biting.
But I may be wrong. A side by side comparison would be best.
Truth is that I got the Lxr02 and to me seems kind of limited and i wish I switch it with a Syntakt, just not sure it has same bite.

It’s a matter of the taste of the person operating it :wink: Perhaps you mean something like this (syntakt, no fx drive):

3 Likes

Yes! Really nice‼

1 Like

That s what I want to do, because apart from kicks and crazy sounds (which I like), all other drums are too experimental and limited for my taste and let s not forget the price.
But for what is does sounds powerful.

1 Like

To my ear it really sounds like LXR often goes to electro territories. Or is that just how YouTube makes it sound?

1 Like

Aha a real bone crusher and you’ve even got the style gloved hands to boot! A real sound designer. I dig it! I proved to myself that my new Analog Heat was a good buy when I took dull beats from my TR08 and fed it to that box. So what FX are you using to get that crunchy distortion on the Syntakt? If I didn’t have a new Rytm arriving soon, I would have bought a Syntakt.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words! :slight_smile: I’m just using the Syntakt’s in-build analog fx drive.
That crunch comes direct out of the Syntakt :wink:

3 Likes

You’re welcome. Sounds great! If I did not want pads for finger drumming, I would have bought the Syntakt over Rytm. But with a new Rytm arriving soon and my OT, A4 and Digitone, have all bases covered. My friend bought a Syntakt so I want to compare the tones and distortion between Rytm and Syntakt.

1 Like

I have a bunch Erica Synth modules but for stand alone boxes, Elektron wins easily over Erica Synths due to better sequencer and workflow. Even Perkons. I chose a new Rytm over Perkons as it was cheaper, had 8 voices vs 4, better sequencer and workflow.

This is the way.

3 Likes

“The crunch is coming from inside the house!”

2 Likes