Syntakt USB Ripcord

Voltage must be the same. Polarity on the barrel connector must be the same. Amps must be the same or higher than written on original PSU that it comes with or written on the body of equipment.

1 Like

@sinedied Are these similar to what you bought? https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801313531345.html

How are your adaptors holding up?

1 Like

It’s similar, but wrong voltage careful!

I bought 3 for all my digis, and so far never had an issue, as opposed to my myvolts adapters. Because it’s all on the charger as they do not do any current conversion (you need an USB c charger supporting 12v), it’s very simple electronics here, only wiring and current voltage request, so I’m quite confident they will hold well in time.

So any usb c pd 12v with the proper barrel size should work?

I just ordered an Anker 747 to power a bunch of gear I’m building in a box. I figure I should be able to do 2 Elektron with the USB, 1 elektron and 1 motu with the 2 ac, and an iPad and micromonsta2 with the remaining USB.

Apparently, Anker batteries often don’t support 12v. They’ll do 5 or 6, 9, 15, 18… but not 12. I tried with one (and the Birdcord PD12v) and could power my OT, but not my AR or ST. Changed the powerbank to the Baseus one Songbird recommend and it’s been brilliant.

(Oh… I read further down the thread and this has already been discussed. Sorry).

Yo yo. I’m going to check out the PD supply that @tomasu got for my rig (Single powering options for multiple devices - #55 by tomasu). Would you mind sharing with me the exact link for the PD cables you got for the 3 Digis?

Oooooh. I thought you had actual cables. Just using regular usb pd cables, then?

Yes, any regular USB c cable can be used

1 Like

hi guys, Im confused, it says on the electron website, that Syntakt (just like Digitakt and Digitone, etc) needs:

• Voltage: 12 VDC
  • Minimum Current Rating: 2 A
  • Barrel Connector Size: 5.5 mm outer diameter, 2.5 mm inner diameter
  • Polarity: Positive center

I have a ripcord 12V (previously bought for a Digitakt) but it won’t fit on my brand new Syntakt, Im wondering if this one from Amazon will do the job:

Blind Spot Power Pipe Version 2-12 Volt Trigger Cable - USB to 12V - Create a 12 Volt Battery Using PD USBC Power Banks - Turn Your Power Bank into a 12 Volt Power Supply

Can anyone recommend a USB PD power bank with more than one USB-C capable of powering two or three Elektron devices at the same time?

I have a power bank that works already but it only has one USB-C PD port

Edit: might try this one

SLuB Power Bank 20000mAh Portable Charger PD/QC 3.0 100W Fast Charging 3 Output Ports Power Display USB Fast Charging Mobile Power Supply Suitable for iPhone, Samsung, Huawei, Tablets, Laptops https://amzn.eu/d/botu9m9

most, if not all USB power banks will “smart redistribute” power when you plug in a second device, which cuts power to the first device for a second. that reason, as much as anything, has kept me from looking too hard for a single power bank like this

Gamechanger!

7 Likes

nice :fire:

care to share the deetz?
looks very slick.

2 Likes

I got this 10000 mAh powerbank that is the slimmest I’ve found: https://www.amazon.se/dp/B09G39KZM2.

Then the birdcord itself of course. :blush:

1 Like

lovely :slight_smile:

Now I just need to figure out a neat way to stick it on the underside. I’m thinking a thin metal sheet with folded/bent corners for stability and a tilted angle and room for the powerbank. And then attaching the metal sheet via the vesa holes so I can velcro the powerbank to its underside.

1 Like

Well, basically this: Birdcord PD ➔ 12V (USB PD Voltage Converter) | Songbird FX and this: https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Charger-Baseus-20000mAh-Charging/dp/B08THCNNCS?crid=30CNNE2PR3HA9&keywords=baseus%2B65w%2Bpd%2B20000mah&qid=1663924299&refresh=1&sprefix=baseus%2B65w%2Bpd%2B20000mah%2Caps%2C183&sr=8-3&linkCode=sl1&tag=songbird04a-20&linkId=82b3c2f4899ca13bfd6fd88ad98cb3d0&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&th=1

should work seamlessly together to power Syntakt.

Looks nice! Economic size and price :slight_smile:
How does it hold up in use, with battery life and all?

It’s nice, I use it in bed and still wish it was fixed underneath the Syntakt somehow, I might build something at some point.

10000 mAh lasts about 3 hours by my estimation, though that probably depends on how much you play vs program things. For my use cases that’s plenty of time, since I plug into mains whenever I can.

1 Like