Syntakt upgrade/uplevel forthcoming!

I’m honestly not sure.

1 Like

To anyone else reading and with enough knowledge : is having a sampler on Syntakt possible (finger crossed)

Folks: it is not going to be sampling.

10 Likes

I wish we could get the digitone chorus.

5 Likes

I said this right after release, the modifiers as they are look like a placeholder to me. I’m expecting a decent update either now or in the future.

2 Likes

You may want to check this thread: Syntakt +drive

1 Like
And song mode will never happen on the digi’s.

Next update for the Syntakt: A one shot sample drum machine AND analog compression added to the FX track :sunglasses:.

8 Likes

A sample player machine seems possible, as on MD (E12) or MnM (BBOX).

4 Likes

I hope ! More distortion, analog compressor…I’d also like filter keytrack…
And more digital fx, but apart from a chorus, I don’t expect much. Digital compressor, distortion, lofi…

7 Likes

“Leveling up” implies comprehensive upgrades.

Sampling is not out of the question imo. Chipset might be the same.

Digitakt would have to justify itself. Besides having 8 dedicated MIDI tracks.
Maybe stereo, time-stretching, and slices. Syntakt gets most of what Digitakt does, Digitakt becomes more like a mini Octatrack.

3 Likes

I’m not saying there will never be sampling (though a sample playback machine seems more likely eventually), but I doubt they’re going to substantially expand the concept of a successful product they only recently released, especially when there’s already a very popular one-shot sampler in the lineup. Far more likely that they’re elaborating on the existing function set.

4 Likes

I wish they would just say what the upcoming upgrades are so I could know if I need to think about buying a ST.

5 Likes

Yes! I like the way the chord machine sounds and all the cool voicing since I’m not a good keyboard player, but I often find myself live recording with one voice, then step-by-step choosing the chord types and that’s kind of a drag.
I’m tempted to replace my JU-06A with a J6 and use it instead to “cheat” my way into writing better chord progressions.

3 Likes

Com’on, you’re already thinking about it :wink:

1 Like

That’s it… I gave in and ordered a Syntakt, when I saw a B-Stock at Thomann for even less then the reduced price. At this price + the anticipated upgrade, i just couldn’t resist anymore :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

I don’t think Digitakt would get this features due to the small 1GB +Drive storage.
Stereo means doubling the amount of space occupied. And time-stretching and slices means longer samples, so it means even more storage.

Don’t get me wrong, I would love this features in DT but I’m being realistic and 1Gb isn’t too much space once you start copying or sampling something else than one-shot drums or short samples.

Maybe one day we’ll have DT MKII with external storage card and this would be possible, but I wouldn’t count on it.

1 Like

… I really wish I hadn’t sold off my Analog Keys… but it funded my Octatrack so not bad at all, but now I can’t decide whether to go back to that monster Analog or go for the newer Syntakt. Maybe I should ask my wife which one I should get… :shushing_face:
The RK002 has come in handy a few times in various situations, but I picked up a Blokas Midihub that is doing the hard processing to keep all my MIDI crapola in time, I ended up getting two and daisy chaining them, but I’d still be using the RK002 should I go for the Syntakt…
The G50 has suprisingly quick response for it’s age, I remember it as good as the Roland GI-20 I replaced mine with, but I kept the Yamaha 13 pin cable that was the best 13 pin cable around at the time. Lasted years. Bass guitarists’ boots have destroyed most of my cables over the years… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Inputs end up as digital channels with Overbridge VST so the hardware is capable of digital sampling.

If they add samples I imagine it’d be sample playback only, perhaps even limited to 12-bit like on the MD. Or maybe user waves in combination with a few wavetable machines like on the Monomachine.

7 Likes

Elektron are running a little sale on the Syntakt to celebrate a powerful new firmware update, due to launch this week. We’ve got them down to £719.00 until the end of the month so grab yourself a deal while they’re still in stock!

A cheeky little tease from Elevator Sound Information Network newsletter.

14 Likes