Syntakt standalone music

Aaarrggghh it sounds so nice :heat: I try to avoid the Syntakt topics :joy: because I promised myself not to buy any other gear the coming months and focus on my current setup but this sounds so nice… :heart: very well done

3 Likes

Why thank you :slight_smile: that is so kind of you to say, and kind of flattering since I’ll admit, I’m a big fan of your work.

You know, I was thinking of dropping the Syntakt, but I’ve been told I should not, so maybe I’ll keep going for a few more tracks, see where it takes me.

Here’s another one - a little cheating, cause I’m using a Chase Bliss Habit to loop one of the Syntakt chord engines for additional mayhem, but I’d say it’s close enough to count as Syntakt only -

12 Likes

Thank you! I’m here, but not too often. Playing with my instruments instead, but this forum is really great though. Seems to be a lot of good people here :slight_smile:

1 Like

More of my mess.
Mostly been experimenting with LFO’s and PLocking said LFO’s in some places. I’m excited to start pushing this thing some.

9 Likes

heavy lil pumper last night

surprisingly sounds much better stoned i hear

8 Likes

Great find.

1 Like

Had read a comment on another forum about Autechre’s past method of using Elektron devices involving short irregular pattern lengths/polymetric stuff, and just heavy LFO stuff. No idea whether that is accurate but I thought I would give it a try.

I limited myself to just drum sound engines, so no synths were harmed in the making of this.

I wouldn’t say this is ‘good’ but I can see how if you made like 100 or 200 of these that you would wind up with some that are interesting enough. Might want to skip past the first minute while I’m fading things in clumsily. Was recorded live on the mixer, into Ableton with EQ and compression from Neutron and Ozone.

6 Likes

New Techno Jam.

10 Likes

Oh, this one’s mine. I thought it was lost in everything else when I posted it here in another topic.

Here is my contribution: 15 min “generative” ambient drone. Syntakt only.

32 Likes

Dayum that’s good. So lovely.

What’s actually going on here @bretikov? Chord machines with reverb and stuff, and the occasional lead that’s the dropping sound? I’d love to hear about your process when you did this one.

This is very nice. I’m teetering right on the brink of ordering a Syntakt and it’s great to hear that it can do this sort of warm ambient stuff. I always liked the sounds I heard from the Digitone but I just couldn’t get on with programming the FM engine, it made me crazy. I feel like the “macro” synth engines in the Syntakt might be more at my level and they can clearly do a lot of different stuff.

1 Like

Funny thing with the Syntakt and more harmonic stuff is that while it’s limited, and I’m thinking “I should just add my Prophet 12 to the mix” or something, then this very unique take on harmonics from the Syntakt, would get lost. So I’m actually resisting the perhaps obvious choice of just pairing this with a poly synth, because the odd results that come out of trying to bend the Syntakt to sing, are results I wouldn’t find it I just took the easy route.

1 Like

This is right up my alley, very nice. :call_me_hand: Are you using one of the analog engines for the kick? Thought I recognized it from the Rytm but I wasn’t sure.

1 Like

All this track needs now are some vocals, maybe some grime rap and gospel and you’re at the top of the charts mate.

1 Like

Many thanks! That one is one of my favourites I’ve done in recent years - was really pleased with it.

For a laugh, I’d love to personally attempt some Scottish tinged grime rap :joy: it would be absolutely hilariously horrendous.

So you did. I personally tend not to read Share Your Tunes. Anyway, I enjoyed your work, and look forward to hearing more of it!

Love this! This is what I wanna achieve with my digitone - syntakt - digitakt combo when I figure it all out and learn it more. Ambient / Experimental stuff!

1 Like

Thank you very much. I have a Digitone too. Same story: I spend a lot of time with sound design. With Syntakt, the creative process is much-much faster! :+1: