Syntakt Sound Manager - filter based on machine?

I’m running into something that feels like I’m either missing something or it’s a pretty big design oversight.

Say that I have a have 256 presets (one bank) that I want to go through, listen to them, and add the ones I like to my sound pool. I open sound manager, scroll down and press the 1 button to preview the sound.

This works, but only for those sounds that are for the digital machines. Okay, first problem, how can I tell if the preset is for a digital machine? There doesn’t seem to be any way to filter, and the only way I can tell is that when I press the down arrow and preview the sound it won’t change.

That’s not all though, say that I discover this, and I think “okay this is labelled as kick, maybe it belongs to track 9” … so I press 9, and in some cases this actually plays the sound, great!

But! After this works once and I continue scrolling, it seems that any time I press a different track the sound manager just scrolls to one of the past positions. Not only that, but if I had any sounds selected, pressing another track button will make me lose my selection.

I’ve mainly used Digitone before this where this isn’t an issue, so I’m not sure if there’s a different workflow for filling out the sound pool.

But basically all I want is to browse the sounds, listen to all of them, and add the ones I like into the sound pool, that’s it. I would imagine either I’d be able to only browse sounds for the currently selected track’s machine (e.g. analog or digital), or at least be able to preview them without losing my selection.

Use Func+yes to preview :wink:
Also, if I’m not mistaken, if you’re going to the sound browser through Func+songmode button (then choose import sound) it will only show the sounds you can actually import into the selected track.

2 Likes