Syntakt not connecting to Overbridge with firmware 1.21

I have a hunch I may be doing something silly here but can’t see what it is. I’ve submitted a support request to Elektron a few days ago but I guess they are very busy.

I just updated my Syntakt from 1.20 to 1.21. At the same time I updated Overbridge to 2.79.

Suddenly I cannot see my Syntakt from Overbridge, either standalone or as a plugin.

• I have checked that on the Syntakt USB Config is set to Overbridge
  • I have verified that the USB cable works with other equipment and is plugged directly into my iMac.

Any ideas?

Hmm, since no-one has replied to this I’m guessing perhaps it’s not a simple thing and maybe my Syntakt could actually have a problem? I guess I will have to continue waiting for Elektron themselves to get back to me. 6 days in the queue so far. How long are people generally waiting at the moment?

What version of Overbridge did you upgrade from?

I’m having a similar issue since 2.7.1 when the new drivers were introduced. Possibly a computer issue and not the Syntakt (at least it is in my case).

Ah OK. So have you managed to resolve it, or you still can’t connect? If you resolved it, what did you need to do?

Actually I think in my case I went from OB 2.71 (where it was working) to 2.79.

It’s unresolved and unexplained, so no Overbridge for me. There have been a number of similar issues that have been resolved for other users though.

Based on these issues, I would say that your Syntakt is fine and it’s more likely to be a computer issue.

OK Elektron support finally got back to me and resolved it. For some reason the pop-up that tells you about needing to allow the driver in MacOS Settings didn’t happen when I did the install. So I just had to go into Settings > Privacy & Security to allow the driver. At least it’s all working now!

1 Like