Syntakt MIDI_303 Behringer_Program Change Blackbox

Hello everyone,

I actually have two questions, which are both dealing with MIDI, so I hope it is OK to connect them here.

1. I sequence my 303 Behringer through the Syntakt [Syntakt is connected with a Blackbox through MIDI, which is connected with the 303 via MIDI]. The problem is: I couldn’t activate the slides between the notes. I already found a post with the right CC-Value for the Slides, which should be at CC 102. Actually, this setting is not working for me. So, could anyone explain to me the right setting to handle the slides between the notes on the 303.

2. My Syntakt is connected with my Blackbox via MIDI. Recently I tried a program change through a specific note in a sequence on the Syntakt. Unfortunately, it doesn’t send this program change to the Blackbox. Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance!!

Hi and welcome

but do you mean the behringer td3? Because as far as i know this machine does not respond to midi cc. Only trasport control

1 Like

TD3 also respond to clock and midi notes. :wink:

For slides, notes have to overlap.
For accents, velocity have to be above 96 or something, can be set.

Do midi channels correspond ?

Yes … you are right… i mean using “internal” td3 sequencer :slight_smile:

1 Like

I forgot pitchbend.
TD3 also respond to SYSEX :

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the fast replies.

1. Actually, I already tested overlapped notes and the slides didn’t work. So I’m just curious what is necessary to enable the slides for the TB303.

2. And for the Blackbox. Yes MIDI works perfect. I sequence the samples from the Blackbox via MIDI. But the program change doesn’t work.

@Afore, are you talking about Behringer TD3 ?
What is your midi routing ?
ST > BB > TD3 ?

What do you want to change with Program Changes on BB ?

Yes in sentence (1) I’m talking about the Behringer TD03. My Midi-Routing is Syntakt - BB - TD3.

Regard to the BB. I want to change the Preset Kit of the BB via the Syntakt. So I have a particular pattern of the Syntakt, which is connected with a particular Kit of the BB. My goal is, if I change the pattern of the Syntakt the kit of the BB should change accordingly to the new pattern.

You need to use the TD-3 software editor to set up not priority for overlapping notes to work correctly. I don’t recall exactly how they word the options, but essentially it is low note priority/high note priority (these will only work for sliding down or up respectively) and a (not-so) secret third option that slides both ways.

Using Syntakt to trigger slides etc is no different to digitakt / mpc / ableton etc …
can also use the app for defining slide type - legato / stepped slides
I tend to use built in sequencer as I don’t need to turn on multiple pieces of equipment just to dabble.
But advantage of elektron is ability to add conditional trigs etc etc.

1 Like

@Afore Last update (1.37) corrects a bug concerning slides. Also worth updating if you didn’t.

It worked for me with these settings :