Syntakt Audio Ticking (tempo sync’d)

Hey Guys,

So yesterday my Syntakt started doing something weird, and I’ve no idea what it is or how to fix it. I’ve got an audible ticking, in line with the tempo, that’s coming through from my left output. I’ve trouble shot all the cabling, nothing there, and I’ve disconnected midi going into the Syntakt which hasn’t altered anything. Interestingly midi clock from my digitakt doesn’t hold steady on the Syntakt either, jumping around by 0.2bpm constantly but that’s likely another issue or normal behaviour I’m not sure.

Kind of at a loss as to what it is; with everything muted it still ticks, if I turn the main volume down though it does stop. Any help guys?

Many thanks

Metronome?

Nope, got that off :woozy_face:

1 Like

I remember someone complaining about that. I was sure it was the metronome, apparently not. Can’t find the thread. Maybe a metrognome ghost…

@ellioup would you chime in ?

Yeah it’s very bizarre. I’ve tried uploading a video of it or a Dropbox link to said video with no joy. It clicks every bar, so whilst it’s in time with the metronome, it ‘skips’ the three beats in between (if that makes sense), and it’s doing it with the machine not running

1 Like

Some accidental filter automation on any of the tracks (including FX track) maybe? I find filter movements rather clicky on the Syntakt.

2 Likes

Hmm I’ll look into this as I do have one track with some filter automation.

1 Like

Try to remove any peripheral devices from the unit and see what happens. If it’s still acting weird, I recommend using Test Mode. If Test Mode doesn’t reveal a problem, I would back up my Syntakt and do a Factory Reset to see if that changes anything.

1 Like

I had a similar problem and IIRC somehow one of the tracks (i think the external input mixer track) had both reverb and delay set to 127. Not sure how that happened, but that might be a good place to check too.

1 Like

It might as well be the pseudo-sidechain of the fx track. Did you place any trigs on the fx track?

1 Like

Would you export and post here (or pm) the concerned pattern or project ?

Sussed it out guys! I had an lfo going to the volume of the FX track which was creating the tick. Nothing was routed to the FX track, it was muted and there were no trigs down for it, but still that solved it. Weird though it was only causing one of the outputs to tick.

Anyway, solved, thanks for your help guys!

2 Likes