Syntakt and Logic Pro Weak Signal

Hello,

I’m hoping someone can help me figure this out. I was able to connect my Syntakt to Logic Pro by following BrainTree’s tutorial on YouTube, but the audio signal from the Syntakt appear to be quite weak. I have to crank up the volume (of my computer) to max in order to hear sound from the speakers. Track level on Track 13 (Audio 12) in the screenshot is set to 100 (on the Syntakt) but it does not even cause a spike on Logic Pro’s track strip. Is there anything that I’m doing wrong? Thanks!

Can’t you increase input sensitivity in Logic? I use Tracktion Waveform and I usually run the tracks at +6 dB sensitivity when I record from Overbridge. This still makes the recorded track level far from 0 dB but since all tracks are summed, the result is loud enogh.

1 Like

@Bergfotron, thanks for your suggestion. There seems to be no way to increase input sensitivity in Logic Pro. I’m just increasing gain through the gain plugin but the signal track strip is still low. I’ve read that Syntakt output is meant to be captured a little weaker in Logic Pro to allow for headroom. Seems to be what I’m seeing now. Thanks!