Syntakt 1.00 : bug reports

I’ve seen the same behavior on both the DN and DT. However when I restarted the machines to document the steps to reproduce, it worked fine. So there is something else that gets it into this state… you’re not crazy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think @avantronica said something alike, but don’t hesitate to contact the support, it can’t do any harm ^^

1 Like

I found a small issue on the analog tracks. I’ve got a sustained drone running on track 9, and I’m browsing the machines on the CYM track 12. If I scroll through the list down to MIDI or disable, it immediately chokes the drone on track 9.

Stop/starting playback brings it back so its not being muted, just choked (probably because there is no volume meter when MIDI/disable is selected).

Edit: This actually happens with all 4 analogue tracks not just the cymbal track.

Sometimes, when I load up a dual vco machine, I get an infinite sustained note, even if there are no trigs on the sequencer.

3 Likes

That’s an unfortunate side-effect off having already ‘employed’ a fully open AHD envelope

This was discussed during testing - so it’s maybe not considered a bug, but it sure is something that merits thought, perhaps adopting a default ADSR along with the Machine swap - but this isn’t necessarily perfect either - or maybe a machine swap can be accompanied by a ‘silencing’ (a bit like a finished envelope)

I wouldn’t be surprised if this evolves, it can catch you out

3 Likes

When adding a sound lock to a trig, the sound pool selection menu puts exclamation marks after any sounds that are incompatible with the current track.

1. The exclamation points are mashed into the text (see House Kick and House Snar in my photo). In some cases this completely obscures the exclamation.

2. I have looked, but could not find mention of this exclamation point in the manual (it’s very useful, should be documented).

3 Likes

… Retrigger function should not be possible in this menu…

Pinging @eangman :thup:

I’ve been trying to recreate exact steps to see if there’s something else repeatable (pun) tied to the issue, but this will also occasionally result in the retrigger to be stuck “On” when you are just single trigging using the track button. The only way to get it to stop is to switch to M2-4. Unfortunately, the bug seems to be as random as the stuck step sequencer I mentioned above (which I can only recreate by leaving the box turned on for a few hours)

That’s been reported already pre release, hopefully it’ll be tidied in an upcoming release

1 Like

"Thanks for the report!

This is a known bug and it has been fixed for the next OS.

Best Regards,

Patrik - Elektron"

2 Likes

I’m all for ultra clarity too in these moments

There is another clue which is easy to overlook and may or may not be documented, I had a look but couldn’t find a mention or relevant hit for ‘inverted’

But if you struggle to see a viable SoundPool sound from another, note that when scrolling through those sounds, only the valid ones are inverted (i.e. black text on white rectangle) whereas the ones with an exclamation marker are highlighted by a white frame around the existing white text on black

I understand this was an area subject to review, so it may still change and may find its way (if not already there) into one of @eangman’s peerless documents

For my preferences, it would be so much better if the ineligible sounds were just filtered out or incredibly easy to see as no use here (without even knowing what’s in the manual)

The inverted clue is useful, but it’s so easy to just focus on the text and overlook the ‘highlight’

I agree that ! alone is not a reliable ‘tell’

1 Like

Good catch! I honestly missed that it was designed like that. I have adjusted it now and it will be in the next version of the manual.

4 Likes

Noticing a bunch of MIDI issues around wrong CC parameters, some of them shared, some incorrect , changing pattern doesn’t work and so on, and I see bunch of reports in this thread already. Have you folks reported them to Elektron already? Then I won’t add another email to their queue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes this issue is reported and it is being investigated/worked on :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For syntakt overbridge plugin, I am not getting any modulation illustrations. For example, if I am using the LFO to modulate the Tune of a track, the Tune knob does not illustrate that its being modulated. Also, the LFO does not illustrate its movement in the LFO panel of the plugin.

On my analog heat, all modulation is illustrated. The LFO cycle shows its movement, and the knobs being modulated show that they are being modulated with the little shader around the knob.

Am I missing something? Is this feature not yet implemented for Syntakt, or is my Overbridge not working. I checked in both the standalone app and in my Daw.

When using the key combination [NO] + [TRIG] key during LIVE RECORDING to clear the trigs from a sequencer track, it erases the preexisting trigs, but adds a single new one for the start of the erasure. You can’t effectively erase all trigs of the live recording. The act of erasing adds a single trig, and if you repeat the key combination to erase the first one, another trig will be added. Holding the key combination throughout a few repeats of the track/pattern will not erase the single added trigger either. The only way to erase it is to press the key combination again, which then repeats the problem.

Is this expected? I would think that pressing the key combination would not add a trigger (assuming you are holding No prior to pressing the trig), and that if it did, holding the key combination would erase the added trigger on the next cycle, resulting in the desired no trigs.

3 Likes

My +drive seems to be empty. If I do func+level/data then the screen says “+drive has no sounds”. Same thing if I do func+sound then choose sound browser.

Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious?

me neither