Syntakt 1.00 : bug reports

Are you using Overbridge when noticing this issue? It seems to mirror exactly this other one found by @Gino:

As i understand it, there’s a subtle inter-connected-ness to some of these issues and the understanding of what’s been behind it has resolved other issues for the upcoming release … i.e. addressing one known thing also sorted another that wasn’t yet observed. It’s best not to overthink it, but it would be wise to clearly explain the issue direct to support who’ll know if it’s something already addressed either directly or indirectly. So anything related to irregular envelope behaviour for edge cases may already be fixed - there’s no indication when the update will be available though

1 Like

It has been reported and support said it has been fixed in the next OS

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Elektron documentation thread

I had this odd retrig behavior happen today.
Syntakt was only device turned on.
Switching the retrigs totally OFF and ON again cleared it.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/EGYNTjD3ycY

1 Like

Has anyone experienced the screen staying on for a few seconds after the device is switched off? I’d say somewhere around 5-10 seconds or so?

Doesn’t happen all the time, but maybe every 3rd or 4th day or so of using it?

I’ve also noticed that in certain instances, some tracks don’t play right away, almost like I set a trig condition to not play the first time through a pattern, but I haven’t. It’s happened with a couple of patterns too. They are part of the presets project, not sure if that makes a difference.

Also, in some cases micro-timing doesn’t seem to actually work, and the trig will play in the same place regardless of the micro-timing setting.

1 Like

Yes that has happened to me a few times in the past week since having it. You turn unit off and screen is still showing for a few seconds then disappears.

1 Like

I haven’t experienced this, however, I have noticed that the screen saver takes longer than usual to activate :thinking:

It seems like it’s possible to soundlock sounds from the pool using the data knob that are not appropriate for the possible range of machines on that track. When you do all the graphics for the locked trig are not correct for the machine, sometimes "ERR is displayed rather than a value and the sound lock plays with varying results. Try it with track 12.

Yeah, screensaver takes ages on mine.

It even did a little crash and rebooted itself after coming out of screensaver earlier.

Only happened once so far though, mostly because it’s taken that long for the screensaver to engage

I’ve not actually seen the screensaver on mine, too busy tweaking I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I just got bored waiting for mine to come on for 40 minutes.

It’s not really a big thing, as I don’t tend to leave it on for extended periods that I’m not using it.

1 Like

sorry. thought there was a midi cc bug that i was encountering, but looks to be a complication of sending cc values with the octatrack lfo to the syntakt. range needs to be honed in just right.

Good to hear, I spent quite some time trying to figure out why my new Faderfox isn’t working properly. Somehow I had missed this when I read through this thread before my unit arrived, and the forum won’t let me search for ‘cc’ (search term is too short).

Any ETA for the fix, it seems this is known for about 3 weeks now?

May I suggest publishing a short and concise “official” list of known/reported issues without discussion inbetween? That could be a timesaver for your customers, and subsequently for your support staff. I reported two issues related to this (track parameter control and fx parameter control), and probably several other people have, too, see e.g. this thread.

Just noticed that all digital machines “TUNE” knob doesn’t seem to move during randomization but all analog machines “TUNE” knob does move during randomization. Perhaps this is intentional?

Also noticed that all overdrive parameters on digital machines randomize with the randomize feature but none of the overdrive randomizes on the analog machines. Perhaps this is intentional too?

REPORTED TO ELEKTRON

I don’t think so. But maybe. Try contacting Elektron support about this, if it’s a bug it might get squashed in the next OS.

1 Like

I would but… Elektron support and their website is so buggy right now due to website change. I’ve been trying to contact them via site past week about getting all black keys for my digitone. The t1, t2, t3, t4 and 9 through 16 keys and no reply and I’ve sent it a few times. Also anyone that registered their elektron gear on the site, the stuff has disappeared and then i go try to re-register and it doesn’t work etc… :frowning:

Did you submit a ticket via your account / Contact support? Couldn’t find any ticket regarding this, and submitting tickets via the regular support form should work as intended. Otherwise, let me know and I’ll look into it further.

We’re still working on getting the registered machines page up & running, shouldn’t be long now.

2 Likes

I went to the bottom of the website and clicked on “contact us” and used the contact info section and filled in the appropriate stuff and my info I wrote but sometimes it looked like it was going to work and I don’t think it did. I’m not sure any of the few things I sent went through because I never got a reply back about the digitone replacement keys etc.

You have to log into your account, you’ll then have access to support to drop a ticket.

1 Like