Syncing Volca drum and 0-coast thru midi

So I’m stuck, I can’t figure out how to have both the 0 coast and Volca drum synced tempo wise together on my mk2

You could send MIDI clock messages to both the O-Coast and the VD if you have a box to split the MIDI signals.

You can also send MIDI note messages from the OT to the 0-Coast.

I can’t try this myself, but I expect that you can send gate or clock pulses on O-Coast to Sync input on VD (or Sync output on VD to Tempo or Gate inputs on 0-Coast).

What have you tried yourself so far?

I tried the third option you suggested since I don’t have a midi box and nothing happened the Volca is plugged thru the sync in on it to the gate of o coast, the Volca isn’t making any sound when I press play so something is actually happening but I don’t know what to do after that. midi is so confusing I’m also real dumb haha

So let’s take you through it step-by-step. Which two machines of yours shall we try to get running in sync first?

I’ve already had the o coast up and running with it for a while now I understand how the o coast works midi wise with the octatrack I’m just tryna get the Volca and o coast all being controlled through the octatrack on it’s sequencer tempo and everything on multiple midi channels I guess you would say! Cause the Volca drum takes up 6 channels which I probably could change lol and the o coast takes up 1 channel if not more lol! Sorry if I’m not making sense haha

Since you want not only to sync the devices, but also to send MIDI data to them, you need definitely a MIDI splitter box (splits a single MIDI IN to multiple MIDI OUTs).

Something like this:

Thank you both so much I’ve been making electronic music for awhile now but never had the time or money to be smart about midi haha thank you I’m ordering a midi box now haha