Syncing volca beats and M:S

Hey! I got a model samples today and i just figured out how to sync it to my volca beats. So that M:S is the boss, as in the volca starts and stops with the controls on the m:s.

But i wondered if there is any way to reverse the chain of command? Or rather- what i want is this;

The volca beats has a cool stutter effect controlled by the two knobs (time and depth) they are cool to mess around with to create more interesting rhythms. What i want is, to apply that effect to the beats i sequence in the M:S. Anyone know how i can do this?
Any tips would be really appreciated!

I hate to tell you, but the stutter effect only affects the volca beats. I added a midi-out to my volca beats thinking that it would send MIDI information out from the stutter effect. When you turn the knobs, there are MIDI CCs that are sent, but no stuttered MIDI note data.

I do like using the volca beats as drum sequencer and the midi out does send notes out that work well enough. The closest thing I can think of that would do a similar effect is one of the MIDI echo effects in ableton live suite, you could assign the MIDI CCs from the volca beats stutter effect to control those values and maybe get something close.

I see, thanks anyway though!

Wow, how did you do that?

This is a cool way, not how I did it in terms of modifying the case.

Basically i soldered three wires on the PCB that said midi out to the gate clock out. And then spliced a 1/8" cable to a midi cable, there’s some cables that are already set up to do that but at the time didn’t have one.

I did it also to a volca sample, but haven’t tried it on my volca fm yet (another one that if the arpeggiator transmitted midi, it would be even cooler).