Syncing Octatrack with eurorack

Basically I’d want to be able to sync my Eurorack system to the Octatrack with midi. Octatrack is a master and sending midi to Yarns midi module. Start and Stop works fine but euro seems to not reset. Anyone knows how to solve it?

I’m in a similar situation. some midi - cv modules have reset output, some don’t. and some euro sequencers have reset in, some don’t it seems.
ive ordered a Malekko Sync 4hp midi - cv module, purely for sync n reset from my elektron master clock.
the Hexinverter midicv has reset out too I fink, as an example.
disclaimer: I’m only getting into modular myself so might be missing some vital info. also, I couldn’t see no midi reset vibes on yarns when reading up on it.

so you have tryed a malekko? did it worked for you?

Not near my box’o’trix but on Yarns you are able to set bar length. When you double tap stop on the OT it will reset the Yarns.
Hope that helps…

Edit:
Note that Yarns does not have to match the OT bar length, for instance I have my Yarns on 2 bars.
Main thing is double tapping stop on the OT…

2 Likes

I haven’t received the malekko yet, hoping it does the job nicely.
but if double tap stop on Octatrack with the yarns works you’re sorted :slight_smile:

a few options…

i have a magpie dubldecca and it works great for integrating the OT w/eurorack. it’s a DIY project but there’s some builders on MW forum and on the magpie FB group.

i’ve had good luck using a kenton pro2000MKI w/the modular. works fine. every once in a while a stuck note but nothing that has really interfered w/work flow. w/the kenton you get 2 channels of CV gate + a bunch of Aux outputs because the kenton has on board LFOs that are clock syncable also CC can be routed to Aux output so you could assign CC in the OT to Aux outputs if you like.

probably an expert sleepers solution but i’m not super familiar beyond the silent way stuff i have.

Hi! Decided not to open a new topic since it’s a popular question (octatrack => eurorack).

The idea is just to use Octatrack’s sequencer both for midi notes and for CV-generation (like envelopes, LFO, etc), instead of dedicated module like MI Stages.
I’m sure many people did this. What is the general impression of this approach, is it working for you? Is midi-stepping audible? Is it possible to produce a usable fast CV-LFO without artifacts/stepping/glitches?

And which midi-to-cv euro module is a optimal choice for that (doing not too much, but not too limited, i.e. I don’t need a lot of midi channels)? MI Yarns, Poly-2 or anything else? Expert sleepers?