Syncing 2 Rytms but want to separate Pads?

Hi, ive synced 2 Rytms but when I play together if I mute a pad the other one goes off as well. Same as when I bring back in it does the same on other machine. Is there any way of separating the pads so don’t work together?
Thanks

In the MIDI config menu you’ll need to set mute destination to INT, most likely you’ll also want to set the encoder, pad, and pressure destinations the same.

3 Likes

Ah amazing, Sorted. Thankyou

2 Likes

PLEASE REPORT BACK with your experiences of playing 2 Rytms. I have often wanted to do something like this, doubling an instrument I already know well. (Trying to play the Octatrack and the Rytm makes my brain ache.)

2 Likes

Been messing with the last couple of days and is great fun. Its a machine im quite comfortable with so as long as you got all your sounds sorted you can jam out. I use for drums, synth and bass so can pretty much do everything on the 2 rytms but was also using Digitone Keys for bass but not really needed. It can get a bit cluttered but as long as you don’t throw too much into the mix its amazing what you come up with. They’re great machines to just jam on… Not tried the Octatrack before… is it a lot different from the Rytm?

Similar enough so that a lot of the Elektron sequencer knowledge will translate, but different enough that I have to momentarily re-re-think what I’m trying to do on each machine.

Man. Two Rytms and a crossfader/mixer would be absolutely raving.

1 Like

This is such a good idea… I’m going to try this.
2x Rytm mk2’s into my Allen and Heath DB4, direct Kick output into its own channel.
:partying_face:

2 Likes

Curious to hear about the way you use them…
two decks or two different duties.