Sync Moog DFAM to A4MK2

Hi!
I’m having trouble syncing Moog DFAM to A4MK2. I want to be able to sync the tempo and start/stop of DFAM to A4. (I want to have DFAM sequencer running synced to A4 tempo)
CV out of A4 goes to ADV/CLOCK input on DFAM.
but the tempo is too slow 2 or 3 time slower than the actual set an A4 or ableton tempo.
Is there a way to tweak the output cv of A4 for this matter?
Thank you!

I send gates to the ADV/CLOCK.
Select gates or trigs as Cv output, and place 16 trigs in the A4 sequencer.
If you put 8 trigs in the A4 it runs at half the tempo etc.
If you put uneven amount of trigs it can give you really cool, surprising results, cause the DFAM sequence always changes in each cycle… I think it’s a cool way to sync them.
Hope that helps.

4 Likes

Thanks! it works perfectly!

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m hoping to use this technique as well ! Would I need a 6.3 mm jack stereo to 3.5 mm jack mono or mono to mono is fine ?

I am using mono to mono and it seems to work

1 Like

Hey guys, first message here! :grinning: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I am trying to sync the tempo of my Moog DFAM by sending clock CV out from the A4MKII to the DFAM’s ‘ADV/Clock’ patch.
The A4 receives the clock by USB MIDI from Ableton.
In the A4 CV config, I selected ‘Gate’ type, V-Trig Polarity, and 5.0V of level, and I activate all 16 steps in the CV sequencer.
It works great, but then every couple of minutes there is a strange glitch, like the DFAM stays on one step double time, and it shifts out of the sequence by a step.
It does it randomly, from what I noticed on different steps.
Even though it gets very creative and interesting sometimes, this is incredibly frustrating while trying to record a sequence.

Whenever I send the clock out of my SQ1 to the DFAM, it works fine. The problem is with the CV from the A4.
Anyone has a clue what am I doing wrong here? Or any suggestions for a better syncing setup for my gear?

Thanks!

Gates are the wrong choice - you can fix your issue by shortening the gate length on all steps - set the default in the Note Page shorter than it is

Internally this works perfectly

But with variable clock and CV these steps can join together, there needs to be a gap

You don’t want to use Gates, Trigs are better, much shorter, or clock(if you are happy with constant unvarying pulse), or shorter Gates or Envelopes tied to ValueLin - Clock is the only one you can’t exploit TRCs with so easily

But basically gates are the worst option with the default step length, especially tied to MID clock from outside

4 Likes

Ah, for some reason I thought I tried using trig without success. Works perfectly, thanks a lot for the detailed answer!

1 Like

i had the same issue… on the CV A track, choose 2 under CLK… somehow for me that|s the exact 16 steps from the A4, so its perfectly synced with the midi routing.

1 Like