Sync Model Samples to Arturia Keystep

Howdy Folks,

Wondering if anyone can explain exactly which midi sync settings I need on both Samples & Keystep so they can talk to each other. I keep reading the manual, and trying different midi configurations, but still nothing. Thanks in advance. -Super Newb

on the KS pin on midi, KS midi out on midi in M:S with the adaptator and you can choose the midi channel 1-6 to play the midi channel of the M:S :crazy_face:

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I can’t follow simple instructions? Maybe I am just a visual person? I don’t know. Is there any video tutorial that you could recommend?

Hello. I know that this does not feature the Model:Samples specifically, but it may help:

It might be helpful to clarify your question: by “sync” and “talk to each other”, do you mean that you want their two sequencers to run in synchronization with each other? And, if so, do you want the KeyStep to be transmitting the tempo and transport information to the M:S (or the other way round)?

Or do you want to do something else?

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I’ll try to be clear. I’d like to sync the Keystep with Model Samples. I’d like to be able to choose which sample to play on the Keystep from the Model Samples. However, I am unclear about the different possibilities of how people use both machines together. So I’d love to learn more. Have a beautiful day!

The easy thing is to change the midi channel on KS & each pad on M:S got a different midi channel: 1->6

1. Connect your Keystep to the MS via a midi cable
  2. Select the midi channel on the Keystep by pushing Shift and then the channel you want to play (1 through 6)
  3. Now - when you play the Keystep - the sound on the selected MS track (1 through 6) can be played chromatically on the Keystep.

Thanks so much! Have a beautiful day…

Worked perfectly! So just wanted to say thanks.

Wondering if I can follow up on this. I have enjoyed Using the Keystep to control tempo and transport info to the M:S, (using a midi solutions quadra thru) but I think I’d like to have it the other way around where the M:S controls the tempo/transport info. Wondering if you can explain how to set that up? Thanks in advance.