Switching to Hardware after 15 years of software

Yes. It‘s explained in the manual.

So i managed to sync my Rytm Mk2 with Cubase 9.5 - seems like it is fairly in time with the AR though when i loop it gets messy. Is there a work around this? would it make sense if i buy an external Midi Clock of some sort?

Definitely yes, if you need tight synchronization.

E-RM Midi- and Multiclock come to my mind. But I can’t say, whether those clocks send time code too. IMO the master clock should be an external device, because most computers are no real-time machines and midi or sync processes can be disturbed by other processes every now and then.

guys, is it possible to copy a track with its sound and parameters from one Bank to another?

I believe so

Im doing the usual, copy and paste on the elektron. It does show that it has been copied but nothing happens.

You have to both copy the track sequence (grid mode: fun + copy) and the sound (grid mode: track + copy).

I now need to record each voice from the RYM to a different track on Cubase and obviously cant do it on my old M-Audio Audiophile 192 soundcard. Only 1 L/R In.

Reading A LOT of threads on this great forum it seems that i need an Interface or a Mixer.

I would like to have my RYTM playing/recording in sync with whatever i already have on my DAW. So I’d surely need something that uses Midi.

Could you guys be kind enough to suggest what i should get to be able to do this.

MKI or II?
If one, just use overbridge.
If two, get something with eight ins (more is luxury)
Your actual hardware can do one LR, so you can start with that. Just mute the rest and record then the bext two and so on.

MKII
I have already tried with the one LR that comes along with my soundcard. Its a bugger though because when i record something and then try to play something on the RYTM in sync with what i already recorded on my DAW it is not in time (especially when it is looping).
If i get an interface like Steinberg UR824 or a mixer like Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK…Would this solve my problem?

What do you think?

The MTK would, yes. Not really convinced by Soundcraft anymore. How much are ypu planning to invest? Check out the Qu series by A&H, they do MTK as well at great quality, soundwise, featurewise and buildwise.

Thanks for your kind replies mate. Well I’m thinking something under 100euros. Would the Qu series solve my latency problem between my RYTM and Cubase? And does it have Midi to play RYTM and Cubase in sync with transport (play-stop-etc) ?

lool sorry i meant 1000euros :slight_smile: looking at the A&H Qu-16 Chrome on Thomann now…its around 1600euro. Maybe i can bump up my budget.

Oh, the Qu start above 1200 :thinking:
BC you stated the Signature, they are way beyond 100 as well.
First I’d try tp elaborate where your sync problems come from, as the m-audio should easyly do the trick.

I’m not into cubase, just know protools, reason and ableton live :wink:

Now there you go.
Hardware like that can be boughz 2nd hand imo, ppl mostly take care of expensive stuff.

Well I’m looking at getting more Elektron Machines so im still going to have to ditch my m-audio. Would it be better to get an interface or a mixer with a built in interface? I could always control my volumes from inside the machines.

Having a digital mixer is perfect for the voices of your AR: EQing and dynamic instances per channel, multitracking so you dont loose the performance aspect of your gear.

16 ins get you somewhere for sure.

Having a mixer also is nice for jamming, just leave the computer aside and have fun with your gear. No latency issues, no hassle.

Do you mean that the mixer will handle the midi clock of all the machines and and play everything in sync with my DAW?

That should work even with your current setup.
I would use your AR as master clock, then slave the rest.

U on win or mac?
The Qu currently support MIDI via USB on both, via Ethernet only on OSX.

Im on PC.
Yes I’ve seen that AR has a good master clock but could only use my m-audio master clock atm because when i try to use the AR master clock everything goes nuts. Guess its my ancient soundcard :slight_smile: