Switching patterns not working [solved]

Hey Elektronauts!

I just got my model samples and been playing around with it a lot. I made some patterns and when I’m playing around in them, having some fun. I want to switch to another pattern. But when i do i see its blinking between b1 and b2 for example. Only when i press stop and play, it plays the other pattern.

Could it be that I did to much of modulation or looping on the pattern so it stuck in a loop?

I’m still learning the workflow, as this my first Elektron. But absolutely love it!

Thank you in advance, and apologies if this topic has been here before… i looked trough the forum but couldn’t find anything.

Cheers, R

This is the way elektron sequencers work, they change when the pattern ends (kind of), and not immediately.

When the pattern ends can be set by you. Hold FUNC and hit PAGE and you will see the menu that controls this. ‘Len’ sets the length of your pattern (defaults to 16 steps) and ‘chg’ determines when it changes, also defaults to 16.

So if, for instance you set ‘chg’ to 32, pressed play, and then tried to change pattern, the display would blink, indicating a pattern change has been queued up, until your pattern had played twice, then it would switch to your chosen new pattern.

(Not in from of either my M:S or M:C right now, but I’m pretty sure I’ve remembered all the menu names right).

2 Likes

Yes, but even when the pattern ends its not switching to the other one, it just keeps playing and blinking on the screen between the 2 patterns.

So, on the pattern you’re changing from, what is the ‘Chg’ setting on the page menu ?

EDIT: Also, what is ‘mod’ set to on the page menu ? PTN or TRK ?

2 Likes

whats your master length? im guessing its INF?

1 Like

No ‘master length’ on model:samples … that’s why I’m asking about ‘Chg’ on the ‘page’ menu. Suspect it’s set to something with a similar effect to master length: INF.

I’ll look into it when im home, at work atm.

So it seems that some patterns are on the trk mode, and when changing them to PTN mode the patterns switch like they should :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip!

Cheers

2 Likes