@switchbox's MD Max4Live controller

yes, this exact link.
I’m located in the internet.
But nevermind; reconsidered for now. Might come back to it in future.

After selecting I/O ports (TM-1) and selecting the global, for me it crashes. That is unless I enable the TM-1 Track in preferences, but then communication fails silently and nothing works. Ableton version 10.1.9

I don’t have a machinedrum or this Max device but in reading the first page I can see the device uses imp.midi (great little device).

I’ve discovered that it was not compiled with settings to handle large amounts of MIDI data. I used it to create the Elektron Transporter device (on this forum).

When I tried to get it to work with Digitakt and Digitone it choked on the MIDI clock data being sent along with the transport controls which made them unreliable.

If I bypassed the imp.midi external by using a quick external Max application I threw together it worked reliably. So I definitely narrowed it down to imp.midi not being able to handle clock data.

With that in mind. It would probably also choke on fair amounts of SYSEX data being sent on multiple channels.

This device may need to be re-thought using the new SYSEX capabilities added in Live 10. Or someone would need to re-compile the RTPMidi library as an external with a larger buffer. (I don’t know how to do that yet).

If this MAX4Live app will work for Live 10, would buy MD and jam)

It works in live 10 for me.

Yes Live 10 is where it should work…cause i’m on 10 and Max 8.1.3
here a short jumparound of the new 1.55
MD Remote Stressclicker…

…and a sneek in how it’s under the hood…dude, i try to keep it clean somehow :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://gumroad.com/l/dqfbf/

Next Update:

1.57 Bugfixes and:

Support for MD’s OS 1.71 with the “hidden” TRX-S2.

Modulation is now enabled.

Presets and Settings are now saved within Live’s Set.

AUTO-load for Globals. This gets the current loaded Globalslot while dumping the KIT.

Swipe over MUTES for QUICK-MUTES and reverse them.

Click on Elektron-LOGO to import SAMPLESLOT-Names.

Hidden DRUNK-Mode (not final)…click on “RANDOM” to switch Modes.

Helpfile included. Just look for the “?”.

Check it out. Cheers.

2 Likes

Great I have the controller last version 1.5 not in MD1.71 yet but checking this updates thanks!

1 Like

Hidden DRUNK-Mode (not final)…click on “RANDOM” to switch Modes.

What is the hidden drunk mode?

hehe it’s a kind of random…
you can define how much it will go up and down in a certain steprange.
so if you have a maximum of 128 and a step of i.e. 5, say the dial is at 50…it will go like 50, 47, 52, 57, 60, 64, 59, 56, 53, 49 and so on…so no more than -5 to +5 from the current value.

1 Like

Drunken …don’t mind the audio…i’m stresstesting the machinedrum with lots of controller-automation and ctrl-al machines…it’s just for a visual representation atm.

Thanks switch box - what a great function. Really well done. I’m sold!! I guess ill be doing some drunken md stuff today - beer and get drunk with my old pal the MD

1 Like

Paid, downloaded and like many others mucked around for 3 hrs and i cant get it to work. The M4L device even takes 5-10 minutes to load on my system.

machinedrum haters M4L is working perfectly on a separate midi channel.

1 Like

did you write me a mail already?..if not, please tell me something about your setup.
vers. ableton , max and OS?

what is exactly not working? crashing or simply not loading or reacting?

“takes 5-10 minutes” thats pretty long…it’s a pretty complex device in the background so i know it takes a bit, about 10s on my machine…but minutes is way too long…

Just update to 1.57 and loads fast!

less than 10 seconds… with chronograph exactly 8 secs

MacBook Pro i5 High Sierra
Live 10.1 Suite don’t know Max version

I’ll have to try this again with the update. Couldn’t get it working before.

You can always get back to me, if there’s any Problem. :slight_smile:

NEW UPDATE around the Corner ! Soon !!

Bugfixes and New Features! …supports OS 1.71 ( on older OS’s some features simply won’t work).

Dropdown Menu for Kits:
Complete Kit Dumps with Naming and Quick Recall. This is especially usefull when changing Pattern without the need to dump the whole Kit. With “Auto” enabled you can switch through
Kits without re-dumping.

Automatic Pattern/Kit Sync: So if you change a Pattern on the Machinedrum it will automatically load the assigned Kit. You can change it on the Remote or on the Machinedrum itself.

Encoder enabled: Use the Encoder Wheel to select the Instruments on the Remote.

Mutes-Request: Get the actual Mute-States dumped into the Remote.

Some other Things under the Hood have changed.

Be prepared…soon to release…some testings need to be done.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Do you have solo functionality with this? Could you?

Maybe…i was on something like this…its a bit more complex than i thought…but it’s on it’s way
Difficult to decide and implement how it behave when: SOLO On…should SOLO can add more?..SOLO-Again-> Revert to previous State or just UNMUTE All…It’s logically more complex and
it’s way more than ON/OFF or toggling 0-1-0…also MUTE/SOLO is 16 CCs at once. It’s not really a Problem, but consider you have a lot of Automations in addition. It should still work with no HickUps at least. Also Automations on MUTES will be disabled when just soloing. That’s another Task.
We’ll see. First on = kill the Bugs…Next the COMPLETE-KITS-DUMP has priority.

:wink:

1 Like