@switchbox's MD Max4Live controller

can you check if you got the latest firmware for your midi device on the MOTU page?

Although the most parameters of the Machinedrum is CC , the dump-request and dump-receive is in Sysex.

I installed the latest firmware, but still the same result. Last question - is there anything special I need to set up on the MD side? Very unlikely since I control the MD from a daw frequently, but worth an ask.

hi, no nothing special so far. I’ll have a look at my settings when I’m back in the studio.

“Very unlikely since I control the MD from a daw frequently…” Midi-CC and Note Messages are different from Sysex and it doesn’t mean anything if “everything” works within a Daw since most of the time you’ll never need Sysex. Do you have another Non-Motu interface to test , maybe borough it from someone else just for testing. Since I read in a couple of threads that Motu interfaces corrupts Sysex in the stream.
I’ll send you something to test later, ok?

1 Like

Anyone else have success with non-Turbo Midi interfaces? I’d be willing to spring for a cheap 1x1 if it worked like I think it does from the video.

2 Likes

Hey! Finally getting a chance to try this thing out.

I like the idea behind it, and it appears to be quite impressively executed. Just wish the UI was a bit cleaner and I wish there were better integration with Push. Then that would REALLY be something.

Making it more seamless with Push is probably not an intention, but if you could make the parameter font more legible, that would be great!

Thank you

So I take it development on this has stopped?

Can anyone comment on how well this works without a TM-1?
Bought my MD second hand and unfortunately the free TM-1 that was advertised on the box was no longer inside.

I’ve been messing around with sending sysex to the MD from m4l a bit and occasionally the MD seems to be having a hard time but I haven’t been able to assess yet whether this is due to my shitty m4l skills, the fact that the sysex is going through the expert sleepers usamo or because there’s no TM-1 involved.
I realize there’s quite a few variables here but was wondering anyway if anyone has any experience using this controller without the TM-1. Cheers!

I couldn’t get it to work and gave up

1 Like

Caveat: I am not a user of this or Max4Live; so just general comments…

TM-1 isn’t required to work with the Machinedrum and SysEx. It is just used to speed up the Midi SDS process.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies but I’m looking for slightly more detailed info.
Like I said I’ve been sending the md sysex commands from my own m4l device but sometimes the md seems to struggle with the amount of sysex data it’s receiving so it’d be handy to know if these hiccups are down to the lack of a TM-1 or can be attributed to one of the other factors that I listed. Cheers!

Edit; after rereading the thread more thoroughly I realise others have basically asked the same question in a less convoluted way, guess I’m just hoping there’s some new user exp by now.

There is a limit on how much SysEx data you can push at once obviously; so depends on how heavily / frequently you are doing so?

I haven’t had any issues per se; but then I have my own approach.

What are you trying to send, and how often, from your m4l device?

2 Likes

I’ve been sending stuff like track selection, machine selection and lfo routings.

Starting to suspect that it has something to do with the es usamo plugin that’s forwarding the data though. If the plugin screen is not opened it seems everything that is not clock gets buffered somehow and then sent out in bursts. Should probably look into using a midi merger so that usamo is only used for clock and control data is sent from a different out.

If you’re willing to share I’m curious to hear about your approach.

Assuming you are not going crazy with the above; you shouldn’t have any issues.

I know nothing about that; but sounds like it might be caching a bit based on what you are saying.

This really isn’t the thread for that I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Hehe, sorry. Just realised who I was talking to. If I had before I wouldn’t have asked what you’ve got cooking.
Thank you for your time, and I look forward to what the future might hold. Cheers!

version updated. cleaner and more than half the size. supports os 1.70 and ditched the pixeldials.
saving to kit enabled. basechannel readout from globals enabled.

update to support the 1.71 with trx-s2 and named rom-slots in the pipe.

cheers

1 Like
Sorry, this item is not available in your location.
Sold out, please go back and pick another option.

what? never saw this…i’ll check…where are you located?

did you checked this link?

yes, this exact link.
I’m located in the internet.
But nevermind; reconsidered for now. Might come back to it in future.