Switch from distrokid to?

I too have a NextPro account, but on the SoundCloud for Artists page, I do not see how you can release tracks on any other platforms besides SoundCloud. Also, you cannot (at least for now) release tracks under a second artist name/identity.

Once you upload the track and go through the first a few steps, you reach to the page where you select the streaming platforms. I wish I was on my computer for a screenshot.

1 Like

Oh I see it! Thanks.

By the way it sounds ridiculous but you have manually upload and schedule the release for SoundCloud :joy: when I got it released, I was looking where the hell the track was on my page. Then realized it’s not there unless you do it on your own. Such a joke. But it is what it is…

Anyone else have any input on DiGiDi? Ive been trying to decide on a distributor for my first two songs and they seem like the most stable & honest game in town.

1 Like

Hi, there is a topic dedicated to SoundCloud for Artists (distributing your music)- any thoughts?

I have asked the same question about DiGiDi in a couple of places and got positive feedback but from indirect sources. I couldn’t find someone using the service. But I contacted them and they responded quickly with information and an invitation to chat. It is a legitimate cooperative organized by its members and they have been in this business for a long time.

1 Like

My opinion:

Distrokid - never ever $$$ @.@
CDBaby - good, as was written above :wink:
amuse io - is free, recommending that

No longer, unfortunately.

1 Like

argh, too bad …

(well, personally I don’t want to use anything other than bandcamp anymore anyway)

same!

1 Like

Hi.
Check LANDR. They have distribution only plans. I’m using them since years.
Currently cheapest unlimited distribution plan I 23,99 USD per year.

Cheers

Yeah they’ve definitely not handled it well at all, but it’s very out of character for a distro to act in the way that’s being highlighted. I’m a pretty sceptical person, and am pretty sure there’s a lot more to it than we are given insight into.
That being said absolutely cannot condone the face value behaviour of that report it is awful treatment.