Sweetwater and web trackers

As some not in the US who has never shopped at Sweetwater, I always thought it sounded really weird when I saw posts on forums talking about ‘my Sweetwater rep’…

Like, do you just mean the salesperson when you go in, are you some kind of a big deal that you have an account manager?

It all makes sense now.

I’ve got nothing but good things to say about my Sweetwater rep. Once in a while he checks in by email, and the coupe of times I’ve had a set budget for a particular piece of gear and was trying to make a choice between options, I was able to email him, let him know my budget, and get some helpful advice. I’m not a big spender with them, either — I’m sure he easily does more on commissions from almost anyone else.

@Stone262, you got it — it’s essentially an account manager, always the same person you go to when you’ve got questions and that sort of thing.

1 Like

I’ve had the same rep for over a decade. Honestly I’m shocked he’s so dedicated that he is still there after all of the change since 2010 when I established a relationship with him. I love the fact that anytime i order items for my son my rep calls me, emails me, and text messages me. I call him back just to bs with him. He’s the epedimy of a dedicated sales rep. He’s not over intrusive but inquires enough to know how to meet my future needs. The guy doesn’t need to do what he does but makes that extra effort to make me keep going back to them for my purchases.

They’ve got the magic for keeping business alway looking at them. No qualms but man they wrote the business model on addictive purchase. I give their whole facility an applaud. Keep up the good work Sweetwater. You are doing it right.

1 Like

Brave browser is great for this. I’ve been using it on both mobile and on the computer for a while now. It’s as fast as Chrome and blocks all that stuff and then ads don’t follow you around.

I like Brandon as well, I had a question about the audio interface I’ve got from sweetwater and he did try to help me without trying to push me new stuff, thanks Brandon!

but he’s not just a rep… he’s and Engineer!

also, from my experience I have only good things to say about sweetwater, their shipping is top notch and they throw in some nice candy and I really like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, of course, way too many trackers are everywhere around but here in Germany you are never called by shops you bought from.

Sales engineer Ice T

1 Like

The thing I like about Sweetwater is that they don’t sell me used items as new (Musicians Friend and Guitar Center many times now). The bar’s set pretty low these days.

2 Likes

I was really weirded out the first time my “sales engineer” texted me after I placed an order but I’ve come to like him. Now when he hits me up he just wants to chat about what I’m working on and doesn’t mention gear or sales at all unless I do first. The other day we spent half an hour texting about surf music and I explained to him how to convert two conductor humbuckers to four conductor for coil/ phase tapping. Super nice guy and never pushy.

1 Like

100%! Sweetwater is the ONLY place that has always sent me new gear. Everywhere else is always sending me suspicious “new” gear.

I like that they give you a sticker with every purchase.

I might have a problem.

Tried to show the layers.

4 Likes

Fascinating, I think

First I make a topic about the rediculous amount of trackers, then people react about the good service :slight_smile:

Like: Facebook is tracking me everywhere, no idea what they are doing with my profile, but they are so ‘sweet’.

Makes no sense to me. Don’t profile me, not even with a smile.

Being a psychologist, I was looking for a job recently. I went to websites of psychiatric hospitals. On these websites, I found Google and YouTube (both alphabeth) tracking data.

F*ck that!

Now we know what those “sales engineers” do all day…

1 Like

not sure where you’re located but I’m outside US and I only get 15, anyway, there’s lots of sites using insane amounts of trackers like the openai and even simple blogs, there’s no option nowadays but browse with tracker blockers, firefox with privacy badger and ublock origin on desktop and you can use firefox focus on mobile to even go further and prevent history tracking.

I’m sure that the sales engineers are not the ones calling the shots to put that many trackers rather some marketing genius behind the scenes.

also I can suggest firefox containers on desktop to prevent cookies leakage between tabs, good stuff.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoRzbl6Nu2K/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

4 Likes