Supporting Ceephax Acid Crew in Feb

We’ve been asked to support Ceephax Acid Crew at an Essex gig.

If you’re an Essex based Elektranut, drop me a DM and I’ll sort you a guest list spot.

We will have two octatracks, a syntakt and model cycles in the live rig, as well as other bits and pieces.

We are completely improvised, and make live acid tinged techno, with the odd famous track being remixed live.

It’s very seat of the pants stuff, but what’s life if you’re always in your comfort zone.

https://www.instagram.com/donquong?igsh=MWh0d2F4OTNpem4ybw==

43 Likes

That’s awesome. I love ceephax

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very cool to hear. What is your project called? Got any links to hear of released tracks? Not sure which of the two openers listed are you guys.

1 Like

Thanks mate. If you weren’t so far away, you’d be getting a text with your name on the list!

I’ll be sure to report back with the gear list :sunglasses:

1 Like

Just added the Instagram.

The duo is Don Quöng. Name came from my band mates daughter trying to pronounce Donkey Kong, when she was teeny :joy:

5 Likes

big fan o seafax me. was only listening to some fossils yesterday. I’ll check out your tunes now. best of luck with the gig

1 Like

We only have a small handful of tracks as we are a live band mostly (and the recorders keep letting us down at gigs - batteries, promoters not knowing how to press the f*** off big RE rec button…) but if you scroll down you’ll see/hear some gigs :wink::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Very cool, congrats

1 Like

nice, congrats! hope you can record the set for us :star:

1 Like

That’s amazing, have a great one

1 Like

That’s a big opportunity! Congratulations

1 Like

Congrats on the gig, that’s absolutely wicked!

We used to give a mate a couple of beers (and free in) to operate the recorder on gigs cos as the promoters, we were at our busiest right at the start of the night when we needed to hit record. We forgot to hit record for a couple of amazing sets, the last of which was an established and respected artist who asked for the recording afterwards… quite embarrassing!
Might be worth roping in someone as tech just for that.

2 Likes

Will do :sunglasses:

1 Like

Good thinking. I’m going to use someone’s Howler, so may just upgrade them from being the person I borrow it from to person that’s responsible for making sure it’s recorded!!

Is there any reason you can’t just have the recorder on your table and press record yourself? This is what I always do for gigs. Not unreasonable, seems like. Also a good way to just check the mix before you start in headphones. I wouldn’t delegate this task to anyone because often times, getting the recording was my primary motivation for even doing the gig!

2 Likes

Usually we are so far away from the foh mixer, that running more cables across the stage is just a pita.

Also space is always a premium, as live acts are usually an after thought, so that plays a factor. I also have too many other things in front of me to be focused on, and having a recorder that I may forget to hit record on, or knock off the table etc is just more headspace that needs to be used elsewhere.

I wouldn’t check the mix through a recorder. I pfl via the OT.

Gotcha. I always mix myself using a mixer on stage and then just send a stereo output to FOH as I don’t trust them to mix the way I want. So connecting a recorder to another output on the mixer is no problem. I see how it would be tougher if it would require running cables back from FOH.

Good luck with the gig!

1 Like

Tonight’s the night. Already spoken with Andy and he’s very down to earth.

Just hanging around before it all kicks off. Will be recording video and have the venue recording the whole night via their in house set up (thank you!)

Here’s some pics.

10 Likes

Good luck mate have a good one

1 Like

Jerome Hill is excellent also, my friends have him booked to play here on st Patrick’s night

1 Like