Superbooth 21

It’s got the whole grid and lots of knobs. Groovebox’s like the Roland MC-101 and the Novation Circuit do quite a bit with less physical controls than this Polyend one.

Also see the Deluge.

1 Like

Odd to have something like this so out in the open if they are not looking to reveal it any time soon.

2 Likes

I think that nowadays leaks are great for marketing, and also product research. Just drop a pic and see how people react in the forums, and then let the hype machine build.

1 Like

Yep, leaks are usually leaked for a reason

2 Likes

Agreed !

My take on this was it was only shown to people that Polyend wanted opinions from, and done under non-disclosure. That means early prototype not at all finalized and not ready to show or announce.

3 Likes

ADDED : By the way, the speculation is fine in this thread now. The thread has pretty much played itself out anyway, unless people feel like telling everyone their favorite new gizmo from Superbooth, or where they went on summer vacation.

Of course anyone is welcome to take ground floor on a new thread too.

Pre-ordered.

9 Likes

Intriguing. Looks like the 16x8 grid of the deluge or OXI one, but when I try count across I keep coming up with 17. Probably just my eyesight.

1 Like

Looks like 16 (trigs?) across of the top row by eight (tracks?), then a bank of 4 for each row in green (very, very small buttons) so maybe live FX or pattern selection on the right?

1 Like

Deluge has 13 dedicated non-grid buttons; MC-101 has 21; Circuit has 28. This appears to have five. It doesn’t seem like enough to cover even basic groovebox functionality. Some commands can be mapped to shift+grid, but there are plenty that you would want to be on their own buttons, like transport or shift for example. I’m very curious what this will turn out to be but I doubt it will be the same sort of device as those others. [Of course, the final product could look totally different.]

1 Like

The encoders i couldn’t count. No knobs on them yet. Push encoders might be possible, they often need knobs with less depth.

1 Like

8 encoders by 3 rows by my estimation. So 24 knobs in total. This could be a synth in that case.

1 Like

Whatever it is, we won’t see it til 2022, judging by Piotr’s comments in the Superbooth videos.

Right. I just cancelled. Holding out for the MKII.

11 Likes

Also important to take into account is the screen. It looks like this Polyend one has a decent-sized screen. The Deluge has something like 4 characters at a time (although scrolls I think for longer words), the Circuit does not have one, and the MC-101 only gives two lines of info at a time. Obviously, I can only speculate at this point, but if you look the screen of the Polyend piece, it looks like there is a lot going on. So with all those knobs to control parameters and the main encoder and buttons for global things, it could have a nice workflow. And, again, if you look at the grid of the Deluge, it is a lot of functions. Each grid button can basically be a button.

1 Like

This might be considered premature, but maybe it needs it’s own thread ? (the syntakt one must be close to 1000 posts now and that’s just a name, not even a photo)

1 Like

Good call, I heard MKII is going to have analog sampling and SH-101 style power supply.

2 Likes

You’re it bibenu ! Take it.

Don’t ask me about the Syntakt thread, nothing but trouble.

2 Likes

What about the sh101 modualtion grip!?! That’s what all the kids want these days

1 Like

You might have to wait for MKIII. The modulation grip manufacturing industry was hit the hardest during the pandemic, so you never know when it will bounce back.

2 Likes