Superbooth 21

…oooooo noooooo…all my mission this year for da booth is, as mentioned here before, to snatch me an enner from vlad…
so i was taking a look at the floorplan today, whre to find soma…
and it seems, i can’t spot them anywhere…
please tell me, somebody, they will show up…

They’re not in the list of exhibitors either. I could’ve sworn that they were before. Did they pull out? Email them ASAP!

They’re mentioned in this press release from six weeks ago:

…thanx for ur response…and yup…they seem to pulled out…damn.

Its a filter. “Red spice for you sound”

Nymphes

13 Likes

Thread for Nymphes:

2 Likes

Error Instruments just had to throw something new in the loop. This is a Eurorack version of their Loopman.

Cassette tape playback that responds to Gate input with playback speed controlled by CV, plus a light sensor for extra modulation on the speed.

They probably have more new to show too.

8 Likes

I’m just hoping it’s better than the old ones. I had a BUSA one that would freak out because of minor static or grounding issues. it was unusable, basically.

3 Likes

BEMI easel here, no issues at all 100% but I’ve modded case (actually no case at all -custom wood construction ) and power supply a bit… also there’s a thing - after powering up no one should touch it for a minute since it’s self tuning… after it works great!

1 Like

yeah the touch plates have to calibrate or something. I knew that from day one and yet it still never worked properly. I had to attach a long banana cable to the grounding terminal and have that touch my skin somewhere. ground it to me, basically. then it was fine.

it may be something with my studio, but it’s not an uncommon issue. the new owner of it has had no issues. and I’ve had no issues with other touch-plate stuff (Make Noise 0-ctrl and Pressure Points, Serge TKB). so, I dunno…

2 Likes

It was exactly the same for me. Faffed around with long cables to ground, tried playing with, then without, shoes, sacrificed a goat, the whole bit… was a real shame as I liked the synth but could never get the keyboard to work reliably.

3 Likes

Ah, it looks like a stripped down Iridium. Nice!

1 Like

Wow…that´s reduced to the max. A Juno 6 clone?

:rofl:

yeah Buchla even put out a doc about how to properly ground it. they tell you connect a cable to the grounding terminal and wrap it around a metal pipe. cuz, you know, everyone has readily accessible metal pipes in their studio. I always keep expensive gear near water sources.

4 Likes

Hm, central heating radiator?
central-heating

But i admit…in a live situation, this might get a big clunkey to go on stage with something like that…what a shame, they didn´t fix the electricity problem.

1 Like

Hopefully they’ve made improvements to that! I’ve never used a 218 before, but I could see myself and my 208c benefiting from a (properly working) touch interface

Ive seen someone use their belt buckle before :sweat_smile:

Yeah - I made up a lead, attached to the radiator, the whole bit. Spoke to some clone makers who listed a bunch of deficiencies and the solutions (including a fix for the wonky envelope) - so perhaps some of these have finally been implemented. I’d definitely take another look if the quality was a bit closer to the asking price.

3 Likes

I always put it into the top of my sock :rofl:

better than the people who put the banana lead down their pants! :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard bout same things… but if one really likes the sound, I guess all issues can be managed with some effort, probably mods… it’s unique enough to forgive those things.

Had plans to tour in Southeast Asia with it… not sure if it will b as stable in that electric environment, but here in many venues / clubs / studios, old / new buildings, all is 100% stable… even tuning is quite good and better than most vintage synths I have.

But again, I’ve modded power bus, and put all into new custom boats…

But. I’ve heard new redesigned 208 is completely issues free, new circuit, better construction etc…

2 Likes

Animal Collective toured with one. so it is possible. and I agree, if you love the sound enough, you’ll jump through the hoops. I also wanted the updated 218, so it made sense to move on from it.

I hope so! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes