Superbooth 21

Roland… Do they already have office in Berlin? There’s even no Ableton and Native Instruments in the list, despite they both have offices : )

From my own experience Roland is a bit crazy nowadays. I wanted to order a replacement pot cap for my drum machine, and was told that it will be 25$ and shipping and I have to wait 4 - 5 months. 25 for the plastic CAP not the pot… something that most companies would ship for free.

So probably they see SB as non profitable, so doesn’t worth it…

I believe they just got nothing new to show. What a shame… I remember TR8s was my “SB19” buy… I saw it at SB, liked and soon got bought : )

Korg on the other side feels so alive with all their analog and digi reissues, new designs. And a bit closer to their buyers I guess. Who knows, maybe it’s a younger team…

Hope for something good for TR8s… firmware with probability, etc…

2 Likes

If Roland are there they’ll be demoing with awful trap beats … so I’m ok with not being insulted with that.

I suspect udo will want to leverage their synth with a module / less keys version or a mono synth ( all of which I can’t afford )

Roland - firmware updates
Elektron - unsure
Dreadbox - new synths and firmware’s.
Behringer - hands on announced prototypes , some new devices.
Polyend - eurorack , tracker
Erica - lx02 firmware and new hardware.
Soma - improved version of that recent prototype

1 Like

Yamaha like Roland is also not officially at the show.

Here are a couple other biggies and what they put on the Superbooth website:

Akai — Talks about the MPCs and has a video on the recent 2.10 update.

ArturiaFocusing on innovation, we strive to integrate the latest advances in computer music research and technology into our products. This involves working closely with partner research institutions, in the development of cutting-edge musical instruments and software.

Can somebody explain why Arturia chose to include this language specifically. What research technology are they talking about ? Sounds very IRCAM – something “avant garde” and artsy. That might be really fun if they really do have some far out new technology. Could this be a big system in the Freak line ?? I don’t know what to think.

2 Likes

Yeah that Arturia line is curious to say the least. Their last pair of releases have really been unique interfaces, thinking of Morphé on the poly and the capacitive keyboard on freak… so maybe we’ll see the freak concept expanded with new interface to interact with it.

1 Like

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: Elektron Syntakt

ABBA will be there - show their brand new Voyage…

2 Likes

…jokin’…?

if so…still perfect timing… :wink:
since i learned this morning on bbc global news, that abba are planning a truu comeback…
even with some new songs…and a tour of course…
but with new hitech…as holographic 3d avatars…motion captured YET…but in the end looking like their primetime days late 70ies…
ooops…imgine a “LIVE” show u produce once…and then let go on FOREVER…
no abba tickets for me, though…but once the beatles, doors, led zeppelin and hendrix go touring again…i’ll get me tickets for sure…

You forgot about … Bitwig and Soundcloud, also with offices (HQ) in Berlin :wink:

Bitwig will also be at Superbooth.

3 Likes

Ah did not know, smart move. STaying on top of things while the competition is slacking :nerd_face:

Somethin kool is on the way!

12 Likes

i past by last week - they are gone. I guess Covid put an end to that endeavour

Which they ?

Korg or Elektron ?

sorry, Elektron

1 Like

Yeah, Berlin office no longer on the website.

4 Likes

Venturing toward off-topic, on the Elektron About page, i don’t see a reference to their Tokyo office either.

I do see it over here on their Japanese website though.

ADDED: Did Elektron close both their Tokyo and Berlin offices ?

So what’s this about Tajnost ?
Where did you find that ?

1 Like

well, if they could fix their products first… (lookin’ at you, SQ64)

1 Like

I’m guessing this?: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTW751HNCki/?hl=en

3 Likes