Superbooth 2022

Erebus V2 in a DIY Kit / Eurorack format-friendly (and Same for the Hades).

1 Like

its like the old one but with digital envelopes and is ‘simple’ diy… lots of things already on the board i think , simpler than their other through hole things.
theres a sonicstate vid on their site (no audio demo, just discussing synths on show and a bit of audio from the new box theyre launching)

1 Like

I have zero (perhaps negative) soldering skills, it might as well be Terror for me

1 Like

i sharpied the LEDs on my early model 4ms PEG (newer versions have LED dimmers so you can tweak the brightness).

it didn’t hurt resale for me. i just put a few dots of black sharpie on the leds a few times. it’s hardly noticeable but makes so much difference.

3 Likes

Cool - hopefully this means the envelopes will be better than the old Erebus v2. I had one and it sounded amazing but I couldn’t stand the envelopes so I let it go.

Nick Batt talked to Paul Whittington founder of PWM about the Malevolent, but also what PWM is up to otherwise.

Whittington said the company was started with three projects in mind. Malevolent was the first of them. There are two more synths. Whittington spent considerable time, guardedly explaining and demonstrating a new project part way into development. It is for now called “The Creature”, and is duophonic with two DCOs per voice and all analog after that, with effects and an unspecified modulation scheme. They are working with sound designers.

I queued this video to the description and demonstration of “The Creature”.

The still image on the video shows the Malevolent with a new Eurorack frame connected to it.

1 Like

my report:

and some performances:

13 Likes

Sound demos and overview here: Superbooth 22: Endorphin.es - Ghost Air Streamer and Running order - YouTube

2 Likes

The right hands for those machines, I’d say. :facepunch:

2 Likes

Great overview Joey and soma enner sounded amazing :+1:

1 Like

I went down a rabbit hole trying to resolve this for some modules myself but didn’t find any products useful for it (Sharpy will work, but I feel it would look a bit ugly…) - I still think there must be some kind of liquid version of stage-lighting gels that could help dampen them - but I haven’t found anything…

Mutable Instruments Blades could literally land planes the LED’s are insane on it.

1 Like

Today 5:30 pm: talk with Dave Smith and Tom Oberheim :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Calling @sabana. See above post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve got some neutral density gels that come as small stickers which work well if you’ve got a flat-ish surface for them.

1 Like

This looks cool

6 Likes

Off topic/on topic- if you’re fighting overly bright leds on gear (qubit data bender I’m looking at you) these sort of stickers come in super handy: https://www.amazon.ca/LightDims-Black-Out-Electronics-Appliances/dp/B009WSN8PK

There’s different levels of light blocking available from a little to 100%.

(Not endorsing, just posting as an example)

3 Likes

Thanks Craig. Im only 20 odd years off there age so it feels like coming home :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use a Japanese masking tape called Washi tape. It works wonders on ultra bright LEDs and doesn’t permanently mark anything up. I use tiny pieces of the white Washi tape and layer it until I get the desired level of brightness on the LEDs. It’s totally saved my eyes.

1 Like

That manatee sounds like a buy for me. Might be my first kickstarter.

1 Like

I figure they’re probably not great for exposed LED’s but maybe good if there’s a screen over them!

I considered plasticoat (as it’s also removable), spray some into the lid and use a fine paint brush - that’s the closest thing to a good idea I got but realised I was starting to get a bit carried away