Superbooth 2022

We will, but not as exhibitors! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

This is the most exciting thing I have seen pre-superbooth so far, the OBX8 looks great as well,
but this is the one I’ll be saving up for. :heart:

2 Likes

Finegear will be unveiling a second in their Arkive Effect series. The first was The Dust Collector, the new one is called The Dirt Magnet. Details to follow.

Teaser

5 Likes

Erica Synths LXR eurorack module!

7 Likes

They also have a thing they call the Illuminator, which is a device to take a 8 channels of CV input and drive higher voltage outputs, typically light sources. Details to follow.

See this thread :

1 Like

Turns out a surprise, a very interesting multifunction little ( 40 HP ) Eurorack standalone semi-modular, at a very nice price. You could categorize this with the Moog Mother 32, but smaller with more inside.

There is a thread, and some good detail available including a manual.

ADDED : There is a comment on a YouTube demo of this that indicates Cre8Audio and Pittsburgh Modulat may have another surprise left for SB !

6 Likes

As a first time Superbooth visitor, is it recommended to bring your own headphones to test some gear or are they all connected to monitors anyway? :thinking:

1 Like

Can COVID be transmitted through the ears? :smirk:

Good question idk. If your question was related to mine, I didn’t ask because of COVID it was more about what’s common on Superbooth, like if the exhibitors provide headphones or have speakers or if it is common to bring your own.

1 Like

I’ve never been but if it’s anything like guitar shows there will be a lot of noise coming from every direction, so some closed-back headphones could be a good idea to hear your own tests better.

4 Likes

Reference : CDC, March 24, 2021

The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is through exposure to respiratory droplets carrying infectious virus. It is possible for people to be infected through contact with contaminated surfaces or objects (fomites), but the risk is generally considered to be low.

Even so, washing your hands occasionally, and minimizing surface contact seems sensible. Covid may be low risk for surface transmission, but other pathogens are not.

3 Likes

Absolutely. I have enough wax in my ears to form a honeycomb. Happy to share🤣

3 Likes

Always bring your own!
Wearing 100 different headphones (worn by thousands others) is not only disgusting but also frustrating as they all sound a bit different. You probably know your own headphones best. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yep, grody!

Grody Grados.

4 Likes

Ha! Ironically Grados are my cans! I love them.

2 Likes

Good grief! Grumpy, GASsing gear geeks given greasy, grody Grados.

9 Likes

Dirtywave is also going to be there if anyone wanted to try an M8 in-person

10 Likes

Various new Eurorack products being shown :

VoicAs :

• Multi-Rover — Stereo multi-band LED overdrive
  • LedPressor — Stereo LED based compressor

Befaco :

• AC/DC— 4×4 USB audio interface, open source and DC coupled.

4ms :

• EnvVCA — Envelope generator paired with VCA
  • Dual EnvVCA — Two of these with lots of extra features
  • Dual Shaped EnvVCA — Same with even more options
  • Mini PEG — Pingable envelope generator, a versatile LFO and envelope generator
  • Shuffling Clock Multiplier — With 8 clock outputs, and creative ways to manipulate those signals

Xaoc Devices :

• Sofia — Advance oscillator, with interesting timbre possibilities
  • Koszalin — Stereo voltage controlled frequency shifter
  • Sopot — Triple signal summator
  • Poczdam — Xaoc Leibniz binary processor, multiple functions
  • Gera — Xaoc Leibniz binary processor, for bit masking

( The Xaoc Liebniz Subsystem deserves a thread. )

Worng Electronics :

• Midside+ — Voltage controlled through-zero stereo width control

Knobula :

• Kickain — 909 style virtual analog bass drum with reverb and a stereo spectral compressor

Doepfer :

• A-121s — Stereo multimode filter (VCF)
  • A-183-5 — Quad attenuator
  • A-183j — Inverter/Interrupting mixer (Janus Mixer)

Pittsburgh Modular ( more Safari Series modules )

• Filter of Crows — Ultra-gain preamp, with high quality state variable filter
  • The Wolf — VCA with soft clipping limiter plus a three-stage semi-parametric EQ
  • Dynamics Controller Bat — Buchla style lowpass gate with resonant filter and VCA
7 Likes

the GROATS - GRossest Of All Time

2 Likes