Superbooth 2020

Behringer should fire their entire marketing department ASAP imo.

I’m serious too.

I went from being really interested in grabbing something Behringer at some point (I was eyeing the 606 clone), to wanting to avoid owning anything created by Behringer at all costs.

This happened in a matter of months, and I totally attribute it to terrible marketing.

9 Likes

I just don’t really find any of their products interesting.

3 Likes

Sounds like you really want us to know that you know :wink:

2 Likes

It’s a bad marketing move making people wait until 3 AM for a teaser of a teaser that lasts less than 1 minute. Even fans of the company were annoyed it seems.

1 Like

teaser or no teaser for a BMX?

1 Like

Ambiguous. Ostensibly this is for the Behringer Synth Museum – but it was just one week back, and also had a hint at a Behringer Pro-1 keyboard – who knows. I wouldn’t be shocked if there was a BMX at some time.

We’re venturing toward off-topic for this thread. I’m locked out from posting (three posts) at The Behringer synth fx thread where i’d say more.

yeah it goes offtopic a bit with all ther b stuff.
Just wondering if Make Noise have anything new? Last year say came out with the Mimeophone and the xpan.

Polyend teased and other companies tease as well. I feel you have a bias towards behringer and are going to drool over their stuff anyways. That whole comment section is vitriol.

2 Likes

Yes.

Watched the Sonic Talk on Superbooth 2020 discussion with Nick, Robin Vincent (of GearNews), BoBeats, and DivKid. Picked up a few things.

DivKid called this years Superbooth – “The Year of the Stereo Filter”. There have been a few of them, so perhaps we can make a list here. And he talked (at 23:50) about two Eurorack modules from Shakmat, that i had missed, but they both look nice. The Dual Dagger, another stereo filter, but in this case a dual stereo filter, so four filters all nicely controllable. He also mentioned the Shakmat Bard Quartet, which i want. It’s a four channel melodic quantizer with microtonal tuning and with added intelligence to output triggers on change and respond to clocks so it does both four channel melodic and rhythmic things.

Robin Vincent pointed out that so far none of the “majors” (the Korgs, Rolands, and Yamahas etc) have announced anything. No OPSIX … yet. They wanted a Volca Video.

That brought DivKid (at 37:00) to talk about the Sleepy Circuits – Hypno which is a really simple to use Eurorack video performance module (composite,HDMI and NDI USB). Basic but it looks nice, sonething you could just have this one module and be done with it, unless you want to really get fancy.

Robin then mentions the Critter & Guitari - EYESY Video Synthesizer in comparison to the Hypno module. (The EYESY looks a little more basic to me.)

They talked about the Cre8audio NiftyBUNDLE.

DivKid brought up (51:20) the WORNG – Parallax and Vertex modules (another stereo filter and a stereo VCA). WORNG makes some very nice stuff for building stereo images.

They then talk about live stream video production techniques.

Some aorund here will like this – Nick seems a little ticked at B. Robin being there and all.

2 Likes

nice ‘ahh’ style clap, a bit krafterky .

I don’t have bias, I am very uncaring regarding behringer products. I think it’s great that they’re bringing analog gear to consumer prices I don’t think it’s that great that they are doing it on the backs on other companies legacies. But it is what it is, Roland gave up their patent so anything goes…

Deepmind and neutron are great products, with clear inspirations but not replications.

Polyend and Elektron tease with sounds from the product they are about to release. Are you telling me that behringer is releasing a cantina band synth?

1 Like

I had their MAD5 drum machine. I dig their stuff! The only reason I sold it was because the midi implementation was crap. Sounded great through, for dark techno.

Was never interested, but yes, the same

1 Like

The Behringer marketing department is trying to be clever.

Stormtroopers and cantina music are Star Wars references.
The Arp 2600 was used in the production of Star Wars.

Geddit?

1 Like

Not sure which thread to post in, but Andrew Huang just teased a “secret new synth from moog” on his Instagram stories. Running it through MOOD.

1 Like

This makes me dance with anticipation. You got it too ronsun ! See at least there are a few people around here that like riddles. I wasn’t going to spoil it for everyone else, but there you have it.

BTW: I think the second box is the K2 thing-a-majig.

Absolutely, still shit marketing though!

1 Like

Superbedroom 2020

5 Likes

I bet it’s a beat machine sampler of sorts regarding sound teasers. it’s just that heated remark makes me feel like you’re the opposite of uncaring of what they do. Haha my bad.

1 Like