Superbooth 19

Nice. Any more details of this upcoming unit for Superbooth? Hopefully this will be more exciting than NAMM

Hoping for some Soma Pulsar-23 presence. I love my Pipe/OT set-up but crave another source. A bit different.

2 Likes

I guess the newer thing from SOMA is Ether.

6 Likes

Black Corporation – Xerxes

It’s an 8 voice polysynth something like the Elka Synthex.

They showed it at NAMM, but they’ll be taking pre-orders at Superbooth.

6 Likes

Jeez, these guys don’t quit! I really like both Deckard’s and Kijimi. Would love to build either one of those up one day. I hope kits are still available when I have the opportunity.

These guys don’t quit either:

The Behringer K-20. Quite a massive Eurorack module isn’t it!

Behringer is officially at the show so expect to see this. What else … we don’t have long to wait.

ADDED: Please please have the 2600 too.

4 Likes

A new thing from polyend is teased on their instagram feed

1 Like

yikes. the Korg MS-20 mini is quite cheap already. I’m sure these will sell for half the price ($200-ish). but to me, either option is already so cheap, I’d go for the Korg one, being that they originally built the MS-20 and all. and you get a keyboard in the deal.

it would have been WAY better if they’d re-made the 770 that’s pictured below it!

2 Likes

I remember the thread, amusing discussion on EMF.

1 Like

But the MS20 mini is garbage imo , i had 2 ! I had the chance to get the MS20M at a discount price in Canada so im not interested but for someone looking for a non vintage ms20 , (i know its sad) but the Behringer will probably have better build quality.

I see Nord are in attendance also, I know they have the Grand digital piano forthcoming but I wonder if we’ll see any synthage from them? The new OLED on their Stage 3 is awesome, would love to see some their modern design choices flow down into an A2 or Lead, or something altogether new. I’m kindve GAS’ing for whatever synth they do next, it really feels like their UI is about to break into the next generation. That said if nothing comes I’m pretty tempted to dip my toes into the Nord universe for the first time soon I think…

1 Like

I assume (guess) that the K-20 being in Eurorack will be 1 Volt per Octave. Haven’t seen that said anywhere in the description yet though. That would be an advantage for the K-20.

1 Like

as is being able to actually read the legend under sockets etc

rather harsh, sounds so lovely - but the pots/jacks on e.g. the Neutron are way better secured indeed !

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to put all the links Jukka :+1:

2 Likes

it’s apparently not even known (yet) if it will be eurorack or just a desktop unit. I would expect eurorack-convertible (and hp-hogging) like the others. maybe they’ll do vt/oct. that would indeed improve the functionality. but I dunno… do those jacks look like they’re 1/4" or 1/8" to you? 1/4" means it would suck in eurorack format.

speaking of euro modules, this thing looks pretty great:

2 Likes

Sorry for sounding harsh but i was so disappointed with the mini (except the sound).
First one had problem with the fake nuts falling appart and tuning problem. Second one was not usable because of an env problem and it was way way more noisier than my first one.

The MS20M was more expansive but its perfect and no noise.

2 Likes

Good find chiasticon --To fill in on that:

That’s the POLIVOKS PM-02 from Russian based ELTA Music. It’s a variation on ELTA’s POLIVOKS mini, with added patch connections.

You can read more about it here, plus there is a video there to listen to the sound of this.

I don’t see ELTA on the Superbooth exhibitor list, so not sure where to go if you want to see this, or even if it’s going to be at Superbooth.

1 Like

Quad Operator from Humble Audio

Four operator highly configurable FM synth, in Eurorack with lots of CV control.

Quad%20Operator_Humble%20Audio

Here’s a good first video on the Quad Operator by DivKid, that explores the sound possibilities.
(Six minutes.)

9 Likes

Bloody. Hell.

1 Like

This is BIG news !!!

That’s the day before Superbooth opens too, so there will be some extra traffic at the Elektron booth.

Wonder what it will be? Something new in the Model: line? The long rumored Keyboard product. Or something else a little more unexpected.

Just a little over two weeks to wait. (ADDED: Unless they leak a hint sooner – they’ll be at Moogfest April 25-28, somebody should ask.)

11 Likes