Superbooth 19

This one isn’t as crazy – or maybe it is – IK Multimedia has broken some unusual ground in the past couple years.

Their prototype::

I would assume what they show at SB19 will be a little more complete than this.

What it is is still a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, hidden in a teaser.

There’s a teeny bit more here.

IK Multimedia is at booth W430

1 Like

21 Likes

Supercritical - 16 Voice Demon Core Oscillator

Finnish based Eurorack startup will be showing two new modules. The Demon Core Oscillator a 16 voice oscillator, all DCOs, and an associated Expander module. The ‘finish’ on these modules looks very nice, nothing slap-dash here.

More detail here at Sonic State, including sound samples.

They’re said to be at the show but i have no info on where.

3 Likes

I think it sounds more like a cassette recorder that transforms into a killer robot tbh.

Sounds monstrous.

Quite possibly one of the best sounding Eurorack analog oscillators I’ve heard in a while, and 16 voices! Price is not bad at all…

I already have the Make Noise X-Pan in my cart for preorder. I need to stop seeing your posts.

SoundCloud samples link for Demon Core

1 Like

So another nordic startup has their module complete and ready to ship after Superbooth.

Elektrofon - Klang

They showed a protoype of the Klang at SB last year. Here’s a video from last year that show what the Klang is all about.

That clock face is for setting up chords – pretty simple small module for chordal music generation, a polyphonic controller. Pretty unique.

They’re at booth W271

Elektrofon
Elektroon
Elektron

Illuminati confirmed. Elektron HAS indeed entered the modular scene.

I REPEAT, Elektron HAS entered the modular scene.

7 Likes

Suggestions of what to add to this thread from Nick and crew at Sonic Talk 575:

• The firmware update of the Deluge which includes a looper may or may not have something else not yet disclosed to be shown at SB19. Synthstrom Audible is at booth E270.

• Yamaha will be at SB19 and perhaps may just have a word or two about a redo or redo+ of the original CS-80. Yamaha is at booth H310.

I’ve only discovered the sounds of the cs80 a few years ago. If Yamaha could recreate a slimmed down and cleaned up version of this that would be great. I’ve also heard Big B is looking at making a clone as well. I’d like to see what Yamaha does though.

1 Like

Pittsburgh Modular – Voltage Research Laboratory

Pittsburgh%20Voltage%20Research%20Lab

This is a configuration with various Pittsburgh modules on the top, with a giant patch bay, separated out so the cables stay out of the way, and with one of their controllers in the bottom, again with a separate patch bay. Should be interesting to see more detail on this.

Pittsburgh Modular is at booth O266

13 Likes

I watched some of Richard’s “practice demo” livestream yesterday, this thing looks REALLY well done. The function generators have a bunch of different trigger outs and stuff, which is really exciting for me. When I work in modular it’s pretty much all about envelopes modulating and triggering each other. YUMMM.

failed a bit there didn’t they…

2 Likes

Thinking the same thing as i looked at it. If the cables were about half the length, they’d still work and mostly be out of the way.

1 Like

Patch bay at the bottom for cable beard ?!

2 Likes

I still have fears that they Go for those rubberized surface that gets very sticky and icky after a few years…

I wonder if the connections are normalized?

I bet they are - seems to be a standard mode for these “all-in-one/semi-modular” synths.

1 Like

This thread is getting a little large, so i’ve added an Index (actually it’s more of a table of contents) in the first post at the top.

Still no teaser from Elektron.

9 Likes

Good job @Jukka, as always :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am really looking forward to this. The Microvolt 3900 is my favorite synths in recent years, and this one looks like it expands upon it in interesting ways.

1 Like