Superbooth 19

Just sold my Peak two days ago. If this is what it is and has keys, count me in. I’m sold… as long as it has the Elektron specialities that is, sequencer and locks…

The strike and the soundwave both sound like my two wants!

So cue another model and immense disappointment.

(/financial relief)

3 Likes

iirc I think these names were known before NAMM.

1 Like

How do you get samples into the digitakt now??? It makes waves to use in the DT, AR, M:S, and OT.

You’re right. Said they register bunches of names just in case.

Make Noise – X-Pan

PNG

This is a versatile performance stereo mixer that can be controlled at audio speeds for some really mind blowing effects. All this and it fits in 10 HP. It can take in up to five inputs into 3 channels. Another good utility module from Make Noise. There’s some good detail on it here at GearNews.
They’re at booth O248

You can get some idea of it’s uses in this video from Make Noise.

4 Likes

Interesting. Ordering my first set of Eurorack modules next week… I have the WORNG Vector Space and LRMSMSLR in my cart.

Going to stay tuned on the Make Noise X-Pan now!

I was really interested at the WORNG SoundStage module too. It’s unusual, not like most other modules. Most modules you do something, while this just is something – if that makes any sense? I’d be interested in hearing how you’re thinking of using it Birth_Chord.

I plug the input leads in, connect them to something else and sample, it was this simple workflow that attracted me in the first place.

I need to listen to the demo with headphones once I get home.

One of the main reasons I sold my Digitakt was mono sampling. Absolute no-go from me. As I design my Eurorack I want it to be a streamlined system. I don’t want to have to do post-sample magic constantly in the stereo fields.

I know many people build their Eurorack with stereo as a second thought but it’s up there with the main aspects of mine with the stereo resurgence partially brought about by the 7.1(?) musical display by Richard Devine. I’ve been dreaming of 360 degree audio ever since I played bassoon in symphonic band.

I like the Digitakt for that reason with a modular rig. It fits right in – minus the CV control. Superbooth is very friendly to Eurorack – it’s niice to see so much modular stuff this year.

But i don’t picture Elektron ever doing Eurorack although Soundwave would be a good name for a module.

ADDED: In spite of it’s mono-ness good point Birth_Chord! And there’s plenty of Eurorack stuff that would function in ways that are like the Digitakt – i just don’t have them … yet.

2 Likes

Please Holy Lord Almighty! Give me Model: Drawbar with no step totally but more than 666 notes per second and fast/slow leslie p-locking

I’m no Digitakt hater mate, it was my first sampler after all. People who grow up playing traditional instruments are usually restricted to that side with minimal experimentation in the electronic realm until you get older/conscious and think to yourself, damn how were all these other sounds created?

3 Likes

Transfer is pretty much like dragging and dropping files in a folder. I think you’d get some good stuff out of it. No trimming or sorting involved. Just drop a folder on and then disconnect. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got it because it was selling for the same price as a minilogue XD new. Still under warranty.

Do share mate, I am always looking for modules to lead me/my wallet into the pit of despair.

RE: Eurorack stuff that might function like Digitakt:

Slightly off topic - Eurorack samplers:

For instance this:
The 4ms Stereo Triggered Sampler

Other stuff like the Qu-Bit Nebulae, or the 1010Music Bitbox, or the Make Noise Morphagene

Which brings up something else new and on-topic at Superbooth:
1010Music Blackbox Sampling Workstation
1010Music_Blackbox%20Sampling%20Workstation

From the press release:
Blackbox is a portable sampler and groovebox that lets you record, save/load, apply effects and edit one-shot samples and beat-sliced loops. Create sequences with samples by tapping on pads, playing a virtual keyboard, using external MIDI controllers or by drawing-in notes using a standard Piano Roll editor on a fast touchscreen interface. Sequences can be played back to create song sections and entire compositions. Finish your song by mixing it, adding stereo effects and by saving it as a Preset for fast and easy recall.

There’s a video here.

1010music is at booth E253

7 Likes

Elektron Guitar :wink::stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

An elektron 4 stereo channel mixer - sequencer - with effects.

This would be the hub for so many!

7 Likes

Like a better version of the mx1

2 Likes