Superbooth 18

Sounds like a cheesy jazz band from the 80s. I love it

2 Likes

I saw someone say “Digitwins” referring to the -takt and -tone. IMMEDIATELY my brain was like “Wait a minute Holy Trinity?! Digitrio?! I need a Digidrum!”. Now I’m convinced its coming, and already saving up for one.

2 Likes

Psych rock festival in Berlin. Man I wish I knew.

1 Like

But the digitakt is a drum machine?

4 Likes

I’m stuck on the idea that they release machines in drum machine/synth pairs: md/mnm, a4/ar dt/dn with the OT and Sid station being outliers. So I don’t think we are gonna get a mini trinity.

Just my speculation though

4 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dreadbox Medusa

I am inclined to agree with your ”duo” assesment. The OT was originally a ”spinoff” of the ideas that came about when UW functionality was added to the MD, so the MD UW line is the ”father of OT” in a way, if the ancient lore of the reference manuals is taken as gospel.

2 Likes

Yes, but drum sampler = / = drum synth. I’m hoping for a synthesis based drum machine in this form factor.

1 Like

You’re probably right, but still holding out hope for a drum synth in the digi- form factor!

Digitakt says Digital Drum Computer and Sampler on the unit. I’m hoping they add drum synthesis in future updates.

3 Likes

this will sadly never happen - they already denied that in interviews and presentations. was just a bad choosen description for the digitakt.

1 Like

Surely Analog Keys Mk ii is an option for unveiling this weekend? That plus Overbridge would be their big vibes. But I have a terrible feeling Overbridge still isn’t ready.

What would a proposed AK mk2 bring to the table though? I don’t think the AK seems all that popular for the prices in seeing them go at these days. It’s a shame cause it’s an amazing synth if you can handle the tiny screen but I don’t see elektron doing another keys. I never got to use an A4 but I imagine it works better as a small unit. I loved the lights above the keys though.

1 Like

Yeah, I picked up my AK Mk 1 last year for a great price. Almost half what the new A4 mk 2 is going for now! Perhaps you’re right and there isn’t enough money in producing a new AK, I don’t know. But I think that’s more likely than another new box.

1 Like

Digitone is a pretty good drum synth :wink:

5 Likes

It we go by past product history we would be looking at a digitone keys if we get a new keyboard.

1 Like

Longstyle like the original MnM if we’re lucky :diddly: just look at that badboy

9EFE03B8-438C-4854-A6C2-C17FFE62589D

5 Likes

features include “Overbridge enabled, seamlessly connect to your DAW…”

:sleeping:

1 Like

Seamlessly connected to the side of a laptop physically

6 Likes

I might die if Overbridge isn’t announced. Like have a heart attack and die. I’ll instruct my family to sell my Elektron gear and then tell the people they sell it to that I died before Overbridge was released. On my eulogy will say “He died young. He had so much potential, but the stress of waiting for the features he was promised by Elektron proved more than his body could bear”

4 Likes