Super Analog four - Elektron A4 mk1

Some of you might remember my plans to spruce up the cheap A4 I bought. The previous owner had painted it white and labeled it with pen. Heh. It felt nice to make it my own without worrying about messing up a “Nice” unit.

34 Likes

wow, really amazing work. it’s like the antithesis of @void’s blacked out A4. do you have any pics of the rest of your mods?

this would do well over on /r/synthesizers btw

1 Like

Thanks bud, go to 58 seconds in that vid. A few other mods like my boomstar and slimphatty rig are shown very quickly. I could probably dig up more :smiley: Nothing super professional. Just lots of making shit work.

Damn, that’s fantastic!

1 Like

That looks awesome. AND you’re playing my fave musics :smile:

1 Like

ha! just came across the listing on Reverb, looking at price histories.

1 Like

$515 shipped for inquiring minds. Not the craziest deal I’ll ever seen but it was low to push me over the fence :slight_smile:

Glad I did it too. I’m really enjoying this thing.

3 Likes

That sounds like a pretty solid price! Those A4s these days are a lot of bang for buck. I love the Super Nintendo styling you’ve done.

Nice!! That Kirby song is well done :smiley:

1 Like

Man this is bringing back memories of playing Street Fighter, Sim City, Super Mario, and Pilot Wings on a lazy Sunday morning in the 90s.

1 Like

That’s amazing! Thanks for the dose of nostalgia : )

Green Greens gets me every time.

Nice work. :happy:

2 Likes

That came out great man! Nice vid.

So much love for your video :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::two_hearts::heart_decoration::heavy_heart_exclamation::revolving_hearts::cupid::gift_heart::sparkling_heart:

that’s incredible and adorable, I love it!