Suiteru -- Absolutely bonkers M:C jams

I figured someone here might appreciate this guy named Suiteru. He does these nuts M:C jams kinda like Autechre stuff, epileptic and confusing, in a good way.

I haven’t seen anyone push the M:C as hard as this guy does. It’s astounding. He also does a bunch of stuff with Pure Data combined with the M:C.

Check him out:

37 Likes

I love his stuff (it reminds me a lot Gabor Lazar). Could really be released on experimental labels like PAN or Warp. I find funny that from all music youtubers I know who use Elektron gear, the most interessant is the one who use the cheapest and “limited” Elektron device :wink:

1 Like

Yes! This dude is awesome!
I’m always intrigued by how much he uses the blue knob.
Is he just adjusting track/pattern length, or more?

Or perhaps adjusting track volume level? I’ve found that’s often needed, for example if delay feedback is increased (which can then increase the overall volume level of a track at more extreme settings).

1 Like

Super impressive in terms of patterns and sound design. That second one sounds like a track that could have been on Oversteps.

Latest one is even better imo, like lost Oneohtrix

1 Like

Oh that’s true - simple yet effective

Does anyone know how he does these complex rhythms? Is he modulating the BPM and/or the pattern length?

He makes chains of patterns that has all their own bpm and length. It’s often very short pattern (2, 3, 4, 5 steps for example). So, no modulation of bpm and pattern length but something very close.

2 Likes

yeah i thought also of something like this! thank you very much!!!

If your comment includes “I hope [somebody] doesn’t see this because I would feel bad”, you could just not comment.

Not attacking you. It’s just injecting negativity into a place that previously had none and the world needs more places where people can revel in positivity.

1 Like

True. Deleted it.

1 Like

Cheers. As I said, not trying to bust your chops. Just love that the ‘nauts board is one of the best in the industry because of the positivity of vibe. :v:

It kills me that I sound like a damn hippy :sob:

3 Likes

Really pleased that this thread was bumped as I missed first time around and those vids are really good. Timely reminder that I need to get better and more committed with my ST with the digital machines.

HE BACK WITH AN 808! Or, rather, a Syntakt!

4 Likes

Dayum.

Love his set up/presentation as well. He’s great, sort of reminds me of Team Doyobi in places.