Suggestions for Digitone + drum machine?

But you managed to get them on one track? I’m pretty sure I remember seeing a YouTube video about that. You can load different patches per step? That’s how it’s done?

1 Like

Yes, but you have to put the Sounds in the Sound Pool first and then P-Lock the Sound on a Trig and P-Lock every other different parameters that you want for this particular Sound. A Kick won’t have the same set of Parameters than a HiHat.

Digitone + MachineDrum Mk1 = Love

2 Likes

Volca Drum is cheap and quite powerfull
It has pgm change

Digitakt is also powerfull cause you can use waveforms to recreate what the Volca Drum Can do. + you can sequence the Digitone from the Digitakt and have some kind of song mode without parameter jump on the DN.

The analog division seems wonderfull but no kits as there arent many cc available

Another is Audiothingies DoubleDrummer + it has some effects like delay

Or cheapest solution : a simple midi cable and midi loopback to trigger the multimap Channel with drum patchs in it

1 Like

Yea. So for example you go through and add all the Hats you want, then press and hold any step you want to be a kick or snare and chage the sound to that instead.
You can still get two sounds to play on the same beat by adjusting one on the next beat with microtiming but it’s also just a bit more complicated.
The main limit of that is that you can’t change the individual sounds without adjusting them on every single step (apart from the one you added first), but again, even that is still doable.

This is a pretty good demo of adding drums on one track:

Not sure it will be helpful but a “simple” second hand TR-8 (got 1 for 200€) and you can’t go wrong: put it through your DN for further tweaking :slight_smile: or vice versa: route the DN through TR-8 inputs.

2 Likes

Cool. And the Digitone would send program changes to the TR8 to change patterns?

Have not yet looked into that (ie program change CC messages).
From what I gather, you can send CC for KIT change… Patterns do not seem to be the case…

Here you go:

Says the TR-8 accepts KIT changes but no PATTERN changes…
1 Like

So how would you use the Digitone with the tr8 in a song?

Would you simply run the tr8 song alongside the Digitone song?

You can use the Digitone’s midi tracks to sequence the TR8 directly, but it can get quite complicated, as you have to sequence multiple drum sounds per track, being restricted to only 4 midi tracks.

Where did you end up @Jameslondon74 ?

I connected my old Proteus 2000. It has enough drum and percussion sounds to satisfy my needs at this point in time, but I’m still keeping an open mind for a purely synthetic drum / percussion source. Some nice new stuff appeared at Superbooth 2021, I just wish I was rich and could afford it!

I came close to a Volca Drum but it sounded too lightweight for me.

1 Like

How about a MFB Tanzmaus?
I am selling mine :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Mint state.

Does the Tamzmaus have separate sound engines for each drum instrument? Or is it the same synth for every track? I’m more keen on one engine for everything, a bit of a purist!

Different engine for each one yes plus samples for HH and OH.
Sounds very nice though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still sounds like you want a Division Department 01/IV :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, the division department machine is pretty much spot on!

Model Samples at the current discount promotion is tough to beat.

1 Like

True - but I don’t want a sampler.

It can’t sample.