Suggestions for a Filter module or a Filter foot pedal?

Electrix Filter Factory is better than the Filter Queen or the MFC42, Its cleaner and imparts less “character” with low resonance settings, the Rythm has plenty of character already, and when the distortion is on the master it can be noisy…

The Filter Queen in particular is noisy! and the MFC 42s signal to noise ratio is something i currently have to negate by running through noise gates if i don’t want to be annoyed. the envelope is snappy! and the LFO is tight to MIDI clock…

Although the Filter Factory is the better filter to my ears, the mod sections MIDI sync can drift out so the LFO gets sloppy. I have mine controlled by my A4Mkii by CV and that is EXCELLENT…fyi

BUT…

I wouldn’t run my MKII through any of the above saying that…these rack mount filters seem to sit on top of the sound, and its hard to drive the signal into the filter in a way that is pleasing, if that makes sense. i have done the performance scene trick mentioned above…its far more tweak-able and you can have kits that kill all but one instrument, have high pass on some and low pass on others, add a bit of reverb or delay to the sweep…for starts…its like having 8 filter factories with some smattering of delay and reverb. Just takes a bit to set up!!

1 Like