Suggestion for another piece of gear

Löffler mainly uses a Nord lead 2.
Rival Consoles main synth is a Rev2.
Jon Hopkins used an MS20 extensively.

Have a look at those :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That’s correct… that’s a slight limitation of the Digitakt and Digitone for sequencing poly synths… but, as the Deepmind has 12 voices, you can use 3 Digitakt midi tracks simultaneously to access them all (obvs with the same sound).

1 Like

I did not mention but space is limited in the studio…
All these machines (nord lead, rev2) are too big for my current space…

3 Likes

there are desktop versions for both

1 Like

I did not know…I will check them out

One important thing to remember about the A4 is that with careful programming and p-locks you can make legit 4-voice chords with just one voice, leaving the other three for bass, percussion etc.

1 Like

That is quite advanced…

There’s actually a few presets already set up this way, with oscillators and sub oscillators tuned to intervals (four different pitches) to make a four-note/one-voice chord, and all you have to do is P-lock one of the oscillators +/- one semitone to make it major or minor if needed. Quite easy actually.

1 Like

Another vote for Deepmind 12 :raised_hand: feature to price ratio you won’t find anything better IMO. Honestly it’s taken me a couple years of owning the Deepmind to understand what about “analog” I actually like. I’m glad I didn’t buy a “big boy” synth (DSI, Moog etc.) immediately because I don’t think I would’ve been able to fully appreciate it.

Another option if you’re not set on analog is the Blofeld. Very digital, very powerful, very cheap, very small (desktop version).

How about the dominion club by mfb.
I think it will fit the formfaktor of your elektron boxes and adds distinctive sound to it

1 Like

Sequential Prophet Rev2.

100% honest opinion: since you’re new to this stuff, and have never had one before, you need a more knob-per-function synth. and liking these artists, you’d love the sound of this particular one.

if space is at a premium, just get the module instead of keys.

4 Likes

The screen of the mk1 unit I found has a little black area…everything is readable…just an aesthetic issue…
I managed to reduce the price to 400 euros…
What would you do?

2 Likes

2 Likes

might be a bit annoying, but if you can deal with that it is a hell of a deal. You can always do a lot of the sound design stuff using overbridge and avoid the screen more often too. I’m biased and love the A4 though

I see. Effectively there are no parameters/controls under that black area…therefore the screen is usable.
The deal is really interesting

1 Like

I’d be concerned it would get worse…

I don’t know what a screen replacement would cost…might still be worth it you can get even a lower price…

1 Like

Do you think it might get worst?

400 euros is an absolute bargain but that screen would really annoy me. It could be worth contacting Elektron about how much a replacement screen might cost. Other people on here have even replaced it with more modern screens in a variety of different colours – though I’m not sure what that would cost compared to the official Elektron one. Anyway, it’s definitely possible as I saw the receipt for the screen in this Reverb listing:

2 Likes

it will definitely get worse. even if it were perfect now, it would still get worse. they all degrade over time. see an example below. yours might degrade faster because there’s clearly already an issue going on with it, but I don’t know for certain. as @craig said, contact support and get an estimate for a repair (+ shipping, etc.). my guess is you’re looking at at least 200 euros.

2 Likes

I think there’s a good chance it will get worse, yeah.

I have seen posts talking about replacements, you should do a search on the forum. If you know of a good tech in the area, you could buy the part and have them do it, save you the trouble of sending it to Sweden or wherever.